Help! Breast Pump And Sanitary Underwears.

guardian

I would appreciate any help from members on advice where to buy an "electrical" (not manual) breast pump, the gadget used to extract a mother's milk.

Also, I'm completely stumped on which section in the department store to look for "sanitary underwears???". I need to buy the brand name "Hygenie". Also, there is a requirement that it should have "white sheet?" and that it should be for "day use". How do I go about asking for this?

Guardian

Are you sure it isn't sanitary pads? I assume you are shopping for a soon mother to be. You need to buy maternity sanitary pads and underwear that have a fairly snug fit. Try the maternity/baby department of a Central shopping centre in your area. Another good bet is Watsons or Boots.

Usually hospital maternity wards can guide you to where you will find a breast pump. You may be able to rent one through the hospital.

Edited to add: Don't know what is meant by the white sheet. Again, check with your maternity dept.

Edited by Goldenbead

Are you sure it isn't sanitary pads? I assume you are shopping for a soon mother to be. You need to buy maternity sanitary pads and underwear that have a fairly snug fit. Try the maternity/baby department of a Central shopping centre in your area. Another good bet is Watsons or Boots.

Usually hospital maternity wards can guide you to where you will find a breast pump. You may be able to rent one through the hospital.

Edited to add: Don't know what is meant by the white sheet. Again, check with your maternity dept.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, shopping for my wife, baby delivered already. She used the word "sanitary underwears", and as you mentioned correctly "mother-to-be", I guess it should be sanitary pads.

She is in India right now, so I don't know if the maternity ward there have the pumps. I asked her to enquire there first and if not I will have to buy here. BTW, she wants an electric pump. As for the pads, she's already bought a few before leaving from here, but I don't know what or where to look for them. Guess, I'll have to go and ask @ Central.

Guardian

already bought a few of these sanitary pads

could she mean those disposable underwear? we used those alot after births, as they get bloody etc u just throw away and dont have to bother with washing; they are good for the first few days after giving birth, are fairly comfortable too.... they are made from some kind of rice paper type stuff; dont know if they are available in thailand.... just a thought...

I was able to find the underwears from Wacoal. I simply told the saleslady that I want underwear used by someone who's just given birth and she got me exactly what I wanted. "Hygenie" was a product name from this company. As for the breast pump, the local hospital there are able to supply her, so I don't need to buy from here.

Thank you everyone for the replies. :o

Guardian

• 2 months later...

sanitary underwears? can be bought at Mothercare which is found in emporium, paragon etc. They have a website also. The price was around 400B for a large pack

At Central they have the medula electrical pump for around 5000 or the avent for around 9000. I have never seen them for rent in Bangkok. I have also seen non-brand name pumps for cheaper.

sanitary underwears? can be bought at Mothercare which is found in emporium, paragon etc. They have a website also. The price was around 400B for a large pack

At Central they have the medula electrical pump for around 5000 or the avent for around 9000. I have never seen them for rent in Bangkok. I have also seen non-brand name pumps for cheaper.

Thanks WYD, but my queries are nearly 3 months old now. I found what my wife had wanted. The undies were the "Hygenie" model (from Wacoal?) As for the pump, she bought one locally there in India. Best she tested which was suitable for herself rather than me buying an unsuitable one.