'Thailand could become financial hub' rivalling Singapore, Malaysia

webfact

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

>Adisorn established Twin Pine Consulting in 2011 with registered capital of Bt1 million as a financial advisory firm< Quote

WOW, he is one of the big boys!!cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Wonder if he sold his Space Captain collection to raise the money??

Too much corruption, foreigner land ownership issues, I just don't see it possible for many decades.

Too many laws to change as well as the public will to end corruption at all levels of government

and law enforcement/judiciary.

Thailand could become financial hub' rivalling Singapore, Malaysia

Er no it couldn't....not unless there is a fundamental shift in the whole culture of the country

I can see Singapore being very worried by this announcement.

Can see the powers that be in Singapore taking a hard good look at this report, contemplating things very deeply for a while, analyzing the available data and coming to the following conclusion:

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 1

last week we did have this foreigner working for a public relation company, talking about thailand reputation

a couple of days ago, we did have this english working for a tourism agency, telling us, tourism will booooooom,

today we have this looney talking about thailand becoming a financial hub....

where do they found all these foreign sexpert? in pattaya sitting in a barstool??

That's a bit unfair. Even bar stool banter in Pattaya is more believable then that looney's suggestion

• Like 1

What a strange article. This guy whose company is three years old with 1 million baht capital, basically says he wrote some letters to some government officials in countries of the region.

I can do that.

But he beat me to it, because he had a dinner and a movie with The Nation journalist, enjoy.

• Like 1

Seriously ... enough with the nationalistic rhetoric.

The truth is that Thailand will remain as it is for centuries to come until the elite are removed and the people educated. Considering Thailand's position within Asia it truly could be a great nation but whilst it continues to be run by the ruling elite who take every measure possible to keep the people dumb and ignorant their fate is sealed.

• Like 1

Thailand could become financial hub' rivalling Singapore, Malaysia

Er no it couldn't....not unless there is a fundamental shift in the whole culture of the country

I can see Singapore being very worried by this announcement.

Yeap, I bet they've pissed themselves laughing ;)

The main difference between Thailand and Malaysia/Singapore is that the latter two had the good sense to open doors to the British and learn how to do things properly, with some common sense, by the book, and make progress...

Good thinking Malaysia and Singapore...

Silly silly Thailand... But you keep thinking you'll ever be able to rival those two and be a commercial hub

Oscar Pistorius will be president of South Africa sooner than that...

With Thailand backwards banking system i am sure if would be a great hub, HOWEVER note that he claims hub for Lao and Cambodia where banking is even more backwards.

What is "backwards" about Thailand's banking system?

You may want to ask the BAAC that question.... after all.... ?

With Thailand backwards banking system i am sure if would be a great hub, HOWEVER note that he claims hub for Lao and Cambodia where banking is even more backwards.

What is "backwards" about Thailand's banking system?

You may want to ask the BAAC that question.... after all.... ?

No I don't, I was asking konying the question about Thailand's banking system in general.