Pattaya: More arrests in Nigerian Social Media Scam case

webfact

It makes one wonder as to the ease with which one can obtain a Thai visa in Nigeria. Totally different should one apply in Australia where one is subjected to the 'third degree'. Many, many examples of different conditions being applied when one applies for a Thai visa in Thai missions overseas. Are all working for the same boss!

Don't understand why theses people are allowed to walk the streets on Sukhamvit just to sell drugs? I know they pay off the police. The new PM should send them all back to Africa and stop letting them in. Most western people do come to Thailand to make a honest living. Send them back to Africa!

You mentioned Africa 3 times within your 2 lines or slur. I'm just hoping that this for lack of eloquence rather than racism. Though I'm not from that continent, I would feel offended if I were. Not everyone from Africa sells drugs, mind you!

Be offended then, the truth of the matter is that Nigerians that come to Thailand are criminals.

they are not ??

Actually Nigeria just passed legislation making "419" scams illegal - but there is probably no cross jurisdictional arrangement to charge them

v

These scams have been illegal in Nigeria for years. The term "419" refers to the statute number for that type of crime

The "all nigerians are criminals" type of rantings reflect on the posters more than the nigerians. I see more reports of badly behaving brits, aussies and Europeans than nigerians. Sure, deport and blacklist the criminals, Black and White. On a per capita basis, my countrymen from that ex penal colony is probably over represented in the criminality in LOS stakes. I could be wrong of course.

Oh I forgot, a white criminal deserves the presumption of innocence. In fact they are usually set up by wicked thai policemen in collusion with thai bargirls and the Mafia.

Edited by doggie888888

Don't understand why theses people are allowed to walk the streets on Sukhamvit just to sell drugs? I know they pay off the police. The new PM should send them all back to Africa and stop letting them in. Most western people do come to Thailand to make a honest living. Send them back to Africa!

You mentioned Africa 3 times within your 2 lines or slur. I'm just hoping that this for lack of eloquence rather than racism. Though I'm not from that continent, I would feel offended if I were. Not everyone from Africa sells drugs, mind you!

He does have a point though, most Nigerians I know come from Africa, and I know, by the look of their faces butter wouldn't melt in their mouths.

So if they don't have any victims/evidence they were involved in the scam then why link them to it, is it because they are Nigerian? Why not just run the story as 4 Nigerian men arrested for overstay.

If you are sitting beside a lake with a fishing rod and a baited line in the water you are fishing, even if you have not caught anything.

The police have their computers and Thai bank accounts.

These Nigerians are illegals and potential fraudsters.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Be offended then, the truth of the matter is that Nigerians that come to Thailand are criminals.

Oh get over it KyapoBKK, I agree 100% with tonysilly. Actually they should make them swim back to Africa without any swim vest !!! I'm from South Africa and talking out of experience. Selling drugs, underage prostitution and internet scams is all these people knows !! Flush them out of LOS before it's too late !!!!!

And there I always thought that South Africans are so noble and free of homegrown racism and bigotry...

• Like 1

South Africans are racist. Today, to the disadvantage of Whites. 25 years ago, Blacks were the victims. Mixed races like Cape Colored, have always been suffering. I must say that I experienced much more racism in th U.S. where, officially, it did not exist. Like prostitution in Thailand. A South African once asked me: "What's the difference between a tourist and a racist? Answer: 2 years!" I wish I could find more edifying words for these "innocent petals" from Nigeria.

Do they all sell drugs? how do you know they pay off the police? Have you seen this occur and have first hand knowledge?

Your post is very close to being racist. Don't get me wrong, I am not condoning any of the illegal activities that certain people get involved in or being here on expired visas but you should remember that not everyone is tarred with the same brush.

I am glad you said most westerners come here t make an honest living as there are quite a few who arrive here that fit the other category. Those who sell drugs, maybe bribe police, standover, pimping, need I go on.

I know that the post refers to Nigerians and their alleged scams but you introduced westerners as a comparison so let's not be one sided. To be fair, all criminals not from this country, regardless of race, if successfully prosecuted should be deported.

Most of the Africans on Sukhumvit are Rice exporters.

To add to the above, when I lived in Soi 2 Sukumvit, Bangkok, I lived next to some African clothes/cloth exporters and was aware also of some African football players. Since being in Pattaya I have noticed some of both categories. What their overstay status or other activities were is not known however.

Not wanting to get off-topic but having lived and worked in underdeveloped countries it has been my experience that the racism that exists is far in excess of that experienced in the west. In many cases it is just a dispute between tribes but sometimes it escalates above that and nowhere is it more prevalent that in black Africa. However, Japan is coming in at a close second.

I have been directly involved in Investigations of the 'Nigerian Scam'

BUT I had Victims records and statements.

Let me see ??? We have Nigerian Visa Overstay and NO Victims ??

So this is about Visa Overstays . Correct ??

Sorry , used to dealing in Factual Evidence not peripheal hearsay stories .

Not saying there isn'r fire where there is Smoke , BUT, let''s not Draw a Long String to a short Bow

coffee1.gif

Edited by Ohio

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

So you're saying that this is true with 100% of Nigerians? Mind if I ask to see the documentation to back up that claim? Just curious. I'm sure you're not a racist.

So you're saying that this is true with 100% of Nigerians? Mind if I ask to see the documentation to back up that claim? Just curious. I'm sure you're not a racist.

Documentation? maybe available on a limited scale. New Life Ministries (is that Nigerian based ?) 100 Africans reported to have been boarded up attempting to keep Thailand's finest at bay,..reportedly deep in worship ,drug dealing and overstay in BKK. Lord can this be true?