shop which mills wood?

boomerangutang

Hi Boomer

I've been down this road before and failed as they are terrified of scrap metal (nails and bullets) playing havoc with their tools.

The is a place in Don Sila East of the City by 25km who did the job for me but I had to promise the replace anything damaged.

If you need more detail PM me your email address.

Thanks AjarnP, I'll check it out. I found the Thai guy (Art from Bandu) who does tree work. He's done adept work for me before, but I had lost his tel#, and now I found it by going to Bandu today and doing some searching around. He's a cheery fellow and doesn't charge too much. In the field, he has a crew which use chainsaws with long bars. Closer to Bandu, he makes slab tables, sanded and sealed. Today I also found a place which makes those heavy one piece stools from rounds of wood - they turn them on large lathes. If anyone wants contact info, let me know.

As said, they use chain saws around me and the guys are good You then have to surface plain the boards to get the finish and thickness that you want. It's hard to get the thickness the same but the lumber yard in the small town near me has an adjustable self feeding 12' wide planer that does an excellent job. But I'm a long way from you in Nakhon Sawan Province.

I tried using the chain saw once myself and made a thorough mess!

In the car park of King Marble there is a shop that makes tables .I seen the guy there milling the legs , maybe give them a ring . Where is the voice he knows everything

Edited by kevvy

Hi, I went and bought the biggest saw they had at the tool shop near Overbrook hosp. It's 16" and am in the process of making a shop table for it. It will get bolted up-side down and have about 6 inches of cut.

Thanks for the responses. I may check some of 'em out.

Also, I bought a Stihl chain saw. I've owned about 10 prior, and the Stihl is the best by far. Starts on first pull! I've had two Homelites, and they're crap.

• Like 1