Charity wanting warm clothes

farangmick

I have a large quantity of good quality warm childrens clothing, barely worn. Most was from S.Korea by my sister in law. My children have now out grown it. Now the "cool" season is coming, does anyone know of a charity that would want it for distribution to poor kids in the north? I would pay the postage.

• Like 2

Hi Mick.

I can't believe no-one thanked you for your kind offer of Winter clothing, not even one reply.

Anyway, we live near Phon Cheroen in the North East, but are currently back in Australia for some time.

I have taken blanket and books to Thailand, and given them to a local Catholic school with a delightful priest and sisters (whatever they are called, I am not Catholic); and I know they were given to the kids (and the smile on the kids faces was unimaginable).

I have also given blankets to charities in Bangkok, either Lions or Rotary; but I think it was Lions, It was some years ago. Maybe "google" Lions Bangkok and see what contacts come up. I met the Bangkok head chief at a hotel in Chinatown, and gave him the goods. I remember he was very grateful and a lovely bloke.

• Like 1

Thanks to both of you for replying. Found Gift of Happiness on internet and I will send the clothes to them.

Sorry, have read your post too late. I'm a teacher at a small school, with mostly poor parents.

Many of the students' parents can't even afford it to buy second hand clothes.

I really appreciate people like you, who're doing something for those who really need help. Thanks a lot, just for reading your post.

Cheers- Mike, Uthumphon Phisai

• Like 1