Travel from Bangkok to Sattahip, time & price?

Archie Pelago

Hi,

I've been asked to go to Sattahip for work. So will fly in to Bangkok (guessing Suvanabhumi is the nearest airport)

Does anyone have an idea of price, distance and best way to travel? eg just a metered taxi, or is hiring a car with driver an option?

If I end up flying into DMK does anyone have any experience of getting to Sattahip from there?

Thanks for any replies.

Taxi is a couple of thousand baht. Most people go by van (100 or so baht). Since the military changed the Victory Monument stuff I don't know where. Sattahip is only 20 or so from Pattaya. Vans from Pattaya 30 or 60 baht or 1000 baht taxi depending. It's not like it is difficult to get there. Go to Pattaya, find Sukhumvit and head South for 20 miles. There are vans and buses going South on Sukhumvit every 5 or 10 minutes. They call the vans lote du.

Where are you flying from? Maybe U-Tapao is a choice as that is the airport in Sattahip.

Edited by thailiketoo
  • Like 1

Suvanabhumi to Sattahip, bank on 2 hours

DM to Sattahip bank on 2.5 to 3.0 hours

all traffic dependent of course.

Cost if you take the airport limo, seeing as you are going for work sure they will pay

SUV to Sattahip around THB 3800

DM to Sattahip around THB 3400

Yes SUV is closer but more expense than traveling from DM, dont know why same company, did ask one time and got a silly vacant grin

if you go metered taxi, if they will take you - around THB 1600-1800 + tolls

Best way to travel is airport limo, all inclusive cost, so not putting your hand in your pocket all the time paying the tolls, sit back fall asleep

Edited by Soutpeel
  • Like 1