Russian Woman injured in attempted armed bag snatch in South Pattaya

Lite Beer

Russian injured in attempted armed bag snatch in South Pattaya

russia-4.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A 22 year old Russian woman sustained cuts to her hands during an attempted armed bag snatch in South Pattaya on Friday Night.

The incident occurred in Soi 5 off the Pratmanuk Road just before 9pm and involved Miss Khasianova who had just left her place of residence with her Russian Boyfriend and intended to travel to Walking Street.

As they left their residence a Thai man, later named as Khun Manat aged 23, approached on a motorbike and then walked towards Miss Khasianova armed with a knife. He lunged towards her handbag and attempted to snatch the item. The Russian refused to let go of her bag and during a struggle, she sustained cuts to her hands.

Read More: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/155418/russian-injured-in-attempted-armed-bag-snatch-in-south-pattaya/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+PattayaOneNews+%28Pattaya+One+News%29

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-11-15

And because there is virtually no Police presence anywhere on the streets, it will go on happening again and again and again.

There are police around, but not the uniformed ones that are really needed.

I would like to see many more uniformed police driving around and many more traffic police issuing tickets for bad parking etc.

motorcycle parking !

fine up to^1000,- !!!

And because there is virtually no Police presence anywhere on the streets, it will go on happening again and again and again.

I would like to see many more uniformed police driving around and many more traffic police issuing tickets for bad parking etc.

That would be an amazing day if it arrives...

Lets just start with basics.... Use blinkers when you turn....

And how do you suggest paying their salary?

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Pay the salary from the billions and billions of Baht that vaporized from the "rice-pledging" nonsense.

• Like 1

If there was more information about "how should a tourist behave", it would save many people. But Thailand has to be The land of Smile, well if the Thai would take it more serious, the tourist would smile to.

I took a Line account on The Tourist Police. I stopped it, because ALL information they sent was in Thai. So idiot.

Thai Police really don't need to much salary. As you probably know, more than 75% of their income comes from "fines without receipts" from the public.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Pay the salary from the billions and billions of Baht that vaporized from the "rice-pledging" nonsense.

Oh, my mistake, I thought you were someone living in reality.

This is a childish response.

Thai Police really don't need to much salary. As you probably know, more than 75% of their income comes from "fines without receipts" from the public.

So now you guys are suggesting they hire more police and encourage more of the very graft that you same guys usually gripe about.

Seriously? Traffic police are a money-spinner for every government. They bring in far more in fines than they cost to run.

The profit could finance the uniformed non-traffic police, and there would still be plenty left over.

• Like 1

...unless they charge the criminals with 2 years in jail....with no chance for early parole....it will never stop...

...robbery with violence....brandishing a knife.....maybe even 5 years would be more appropriate....

...innocent victims have been seriously injured and even killed by scum like this......

• Like 2

motorcycle parking !

fine up to^1000,- !!!

Actually I'm a bit disappointed that the traffic police spend so much time penalising motorcycle riders without helmets but rarely issue tickets to cars for bad/double-parking. I would like to see the penalty for double-parking at 5000B, with instant clamping followed by towing and crushing if they dont pay within 60 minutes. There is no excuse for it.

Seriously? Traffic police are a money-spinner for every government. They bring in far more in fines than they cost to run.

The profit could finance the uniformed non-traffic police, and there would still be plenty left over.

You obviously don't know much about the operating costs vs the income generated from traffic fines.

If you did then you would not be making such statements because it is patently false.

motorcycle parking !

fine up to^1000,- !!!

Actually I'm a bit disappointed that the traffic police spend so much time penalising motorcycle riders without helmets but rarely issue tickets to cars for bad/double-parking. I would like to see the penalty for double-parking at 5000B, with instant clamping followed by towing and crushing if they dont pay within 60 minutes. There is no excuse for it.

Apparently they are more interested in stopping unsafe behavior than in generating revenues.

Can't say I find that something to complain about.

You obviously don't know much about the operating costs vs the income generated from traffic fines.

If you did then you would not be making such statements because it is patently false.

http://www.statisticbrain.com/driving-citation-statistics/

I see no reason why the statistics in Thailand should not be in the same proportion as those, allowing for the difference in the cost of living.

http://www.statisticbrain.com/driving-citation-statistics/

I see no reason why the statistics in Thailand should not be in the same proportion as those, allowing for the difference in the cost of living.

So all this has shown is that you don't understand what the operating costs are for a Police Dept or a Court System, the Department of Motor Vehicles or the Revenue Department, etc..

The average officer, according to this very brief and vague link, is responsible for about 6-7 traffic code violations a day amounting to $300,000 revenue annually.

Now please tell me how that is divided up into operating budgets and PD overhead and operating costs.

Thanks

Please...do not let this one isolated incident cause a rash of Thai bashing...everyone knows things are getting better for tourists in LOS...

Kudos to the young Russian lady for fighting off the would be Thai thug...I understand they are still looking for the boyfriend who was last seen running away from the altercation...

Edited by ggt

Police can't be everywhere and the key part of the story was that the guy was caught.

Its true they cannot, but they can do little more than nothing.

As i type i am watching 9 police doing the road block/checks, on 3 road, which they have been doing every single day from morning to late night.

While all 9 of them are busy issuing tickets on 1 side of the road, the other side have people running red light, blocking intersections, doing illegal uturns just to name a few.

Yes the thief was caught, its great, but how many do not get caught.

Pattaya is trying boost its image and Thailand promoting itself as a safe holiday destination.

This kind of experience does not exactly help, and while for many of us living here, we realize it is not as often or as scary as it appears, for a first time tourist, its enough to scare them off and tell all their friends.

There must be more police presents patrolling the streets, NOT only issuing tickets.

There must be harsher punishments for offenders, a few hundred baht fines do not deter them from doing it again.

• Like 1

The question may be better asked of those that employ them.

Police can't be everywhere and the key part of the story was that the guy was caught.

Its true they cannot, but they can do little more than nothing.

As i type i am watching 9 police doing the road block/checks, on 3 road, which they have been doing every single day from morning to late night.

While all 9 of them are busy issuing tickets on 1 side of the road, the other side have people running red light, blocking intersections, doing illegal uturns just to name a few.

Yes the thief was caught, its great, but how many do not get caught.

Pattaya is trying boost its image and Thailand promoting itself as a safe holiday destination.

This kind of experience does not exactly help, and while for many of us living here, we realize it is not as often or as scary as it appears, for a first time tourist, its enough to scare them off and tell all their friends.

There must be more police presents patrolling the streets, NOT only issuing tickets.

There must be harsher punishments for offenders, a few hundred baht fines do not deter them from doing it again.

When a police force lacks training, equipment, commitment, competent leadership and a mission statement to protect and to serve, it may well display it's prowess by superficial displays such as ticketing errant drivers and checkpoints.

I've yet to see any regular patrol of my neighborhood such as is common place in many other places where a professional and well trained force exists. The pickup trucks that drive with overhead flashing lights seem to be mere eye-candy that announces that "they" are out and about.

I've yet to see any spot lights on these vehicles for checking darkened areas when on "patrol" or any static or mobile radar to catch the nuts that drive unsafely on roads that have no posted speed limits.

Community policing, accountability to the public and local control seems to be lacking in these regions. What a sad state indeed.