New Electricity Authority shop in Big C Extra

Kaoboi Bebobp

7-11 great, but sometimes bill lingers in pocket or mailbox too long, this is good news.

There was already another Provincial Electricity Authority bill payment centre

in Royal Garden, not very far from BigC Xtra, avoiding to go to Naklua

Agree that direct debit is the best way to pay it.

Edited by Pattaya46

Yep happened a couple of times. First time we never got a bill. Second time too late to pay.

Both occasions meter taken away.

That's why I do direct debit

Yeah, direct debit is the way to go.

I once, many years ago, received a monthly bill which was 60 times the amount of my average monthly bill, Can you imagine what would have happened if I had direct debit at that time.

Heard of many similar stories around that time, and for many it took months to recover the money. Also there was many years the story of the PEA employee who issued high bills with intend to those with direct debit and disappeared with the money.

These days electricity bills can be paid at almost every supermarket in Thailand, and since you get about 8 days time frame to pay, it is unlikely that you haven't visited a big c, tesco or 7/11 within that time frame.

^ well I feel so stupid now!

Perhaps you could explain how an 'employee' can make off with direct debit payments?

Ask the PEA, it was all over the news those days, including the name of the employee.smile.png But a wild guess of me would be by having withdraw authority on the account to which the payments are made.

Also the point isn't that the employee ran of with the money, but that once you have paid the wrong charged amount, the administrative mill runs very slow and it takes for some 6 months to a year to recuperate their moneys.

Edited by Anthony5

easy paper trail, in the unlikely event that it does happen.

Of course, but you missed some critical details in my post which read, 6 months to 1 year to get back your own money.

And not so unlikely, go through the archives of Pattaya mail and you will find many reports, including some with bills of several hundred thousands.

Edited by Anthony5

^^ sure there have been some horror stories in the past. You can easily safeguard against this.

Personally I have 2 accounts with a thai bank, I can log on easily enough through the internet, which enables me to transfer money from a 'personal' account to a 'billing' account. I have 3 DDs. 1 for electric, 1 for water, and 1 for internet.The billing account will never have more than 4K in at any one time.

• 2 weeks later...

It's open now. Two clerks were sitting behind the desk with nothing to do today, Friday the 5th.

Does any one know the opening hours

Thanks

JOHN

It was a few days ago now when I saw the posted hours but I believe they were 10:30 am to 6 pm. Definitely closing much earlier than the mall.