Paypal THB - Kasikorn shopping card

I just created a Thai Paypal account in order to be able to buy games on on the Thai Steam website. As soon as I had entered my Kasikorn shopping card number I received an SMS from KBank showing a withdrawal of 33.63.

At first I thought this might be for the verification process but after I finished the process and looked at my profile which was showing as un-verified I clicked on that relevant link and I was asked to verify my card in the normal way. 70bt was charged to my shopping card which I saw the next day. I entered the code from the statement entry and my Paypal account was now verified and immediately a refund for the 70 Bt appeared in my Paypal activity statement.

No sign of the 33.63 Baht on the shopping card statement but it is showing on my regular savings account statement. I am thinking therefore that maybe this is a charge from KBank for joining Paypal. I know it's not much but I would just like to know what the charge is for and who levied it.

Anybody else have a Thai Paypal account linked to Kasikorn bank?

--damole

When I opened my Thai PayPal account, using my Bangkok Bank ATM card, it was charged 70 THB but that amount was refunded about a week later. This may be what happened to the OP

26-12-2013 PayPal card confirmation refund: PayPal THB 70.00 0.00 70.00 Completed

..................................................................................................................................

It must be the difference in banks then,

Having linked one US bank account and two Thai bank accounts (KTB) to Paypal accounts, all I ever saw was the two 'very small' depsoits from PayPal that disappeared after I did the confirmation step.

For one Thai account it was deposits of 1 satang and 19 satang; for the other it was it was 7 satang and 8 satang.

I forget the US amounts, but both were under 1 USD.

When I opened my Thai PayPal account, using my Bangkok Bank ATM card, it was charged 70 THB but that amount was refunded about a week later. This may be what happened to the OP

26-12-2013 PayPal card confirmation refund: PayPal THB 70.00 0.00 70.00 Completed

..................................................................................................................................

I just added my Bangkok Bank Debit Card to my Pay Pal account

I received two deductions when I checked on my BB online banking

The first was for 70 Baht, this was refunded to my PP account

The second was for 33.35 Baht, I guess BB must have taken this as some sort of service charge.

• 2 weeks later...