Wan xmas school dance

stat088

Every year on xmas day my kids school have a dance show in the evening.

My son is 9 and my daughter is 5. We have been attending the dance since 2009. Last year we did not attend.

This year the Teachers are intimating that the dance is compulsary. I am assuming this is because last years turn out was not good.

The school is private and a Catholic School which i don't really understand as they don't teach about Catholicism although they have a Catholic church next door.

I am an Athiest but my wife is Bhuddist and my kids are being raised as bhuddists. It's the best school in town so this is where they attend.

The whole dance thing appears to be a money making operation. It has nothing to do with getting together and celebrating xmas or anything of value. They hand out trophies for the best dancers from each school year. These trophies normally go to the kid with the most flowers around theier necks. The kids from the richest families win every year. They have various other means of making money at the event as well.

I find the whole event disgusting and refuse to take my family any more.

It's sole purpose is to make money.

Any of my fellow TVF members feel the same way ?

Do what you feel is best, but it is important for kids to learn to cooperate and to participate in activities.

I don't like sports, but when my kids played in sports I went, I watched and I supported them.

Some things we do for ourselves, some things we do for others. This event is for others.

• Like 1

Do what you feel is best, but it is important for kids to learn to cooperate and to participate in activities.

I don't like sports, but when my kids played in sports I went, I watched and I supported them.

Some things we do for ourselves, some things we do for others. This event is for others.

I agree with all that.

We always ask our kids what they want.

Last year they did not want to go and i had had enough.

This year i don't want to go for a different reason, i.e. saying it's now compulsary. If the kids want to go we will go.

Are you required to pay anything?

You have to buy the neck garlands.

Also if you dont want to stand up for 4 hours you can pay for a table which is 3,000 baht.

I assume for that price you are allowed to take the table home after the event?

Tables are big enough for 8 people and they serve food.

There are more expensive tables closer to the stage.

The whole night usually costing me about 5k.

With 5k we could have much more fun staying in a nice hotel in Phuket

With a big swimming pool.