PM Prayut calls on all sides to eliminate conflicts and create unity

webfact

Gen Prayut calls on all sides to eliminate conflicts and create unity

BANGKOK, 17 Nov 2014, (NNT) - Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha has called on all sides to eliminate conflicts and create unity. Meanwhile Deputy Defense Minister General Udomdej Sitabutr brushed aside concerns over political movements in the Northeastern Region.

According to General Udomdej, the overall the situation in the Northeastern region remains peaceful despite the presence of those who disagree with the administration's view. He said officials are currently monitoring the group.

The Deputy Defense Minister declined to comment on the National Council for Peace and Order’s recent decision to make an exception to the political gathering ban for political parties holding discussions regarding the charter drafting process, only saying that the Council must have taken security and unity matters into its consideration prior to making that decision.

General Udomdej also reaffirmed the Royal Thai Army's support for the government in the latter's efforts, citing as an example the army’s lending its personnel to aid operations of the Damrongtham Centers nationwide.

The Army is currently working with the Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment in dealing with the illegal logging problems, the General added.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-11-17 footer_n.gif

It is good to see the Junta bringing unity.

One can be assured that bringing peace to Bangkok, removing illegal weapons from the streets, making mass arrests of terrorists while the previous govt had let the lawless activities go unhindered was a welcome change for the people.

Had the previous govt spent more time fighting corruption instead of creating it and fighting lawlessness instead of ignoring it then the coup wouldn't have been.

I see only unity in Thailand on the whole. There is only a very vocal 7% group that don't agree. Well that 7% is a majority if you gauge it on "All the people I know don't like the Junta"!!!

General Udomdej also reaffirmed the Royal Thai Army's support for the government in the latter's efforts, citing as an example the army’s lending its personnel to aid operations of the Damrongtham Centers nationwide.

The Royal Thai Army's "support for the government" goes far beyond "lending it's personnel" - over half of the "government" is comprised of ex, and not so ex-military............................coffee1.gif

Edited by fab4
  • Like 2

Well, there is never complete unity in any place or any country. there is always disagreement. But violent disagreement should not be allowed. The General's views and vision of unity is his, and that may not be what many other people have in mind. The people have no ability to elect a government, and the civilian police, if they really are under civilian control, seem unwilling or unable to enforce peaceful demonstrations. I don't see how tensions can improve. I wish they would, but I don't see it.

• Like 1

"According to General Udomdej, the overall the situation in the Northeastern region remains peaceful despite the presence of those who disagree with the administration's view. He said officials are currently monitoring the group".

It says a lot about the mindset of those who have declared themselves to be Thailand's guardians of democracy that they regard people who disagree with them as a threat.

One is minded of a military government, the Fijian junta, one that is held up by one of the stalwart defenders of Thailand's military government on this forum as a fine example for military juntas to aspire to;

“But a lot of these people were actually trying to instigate violence by creating anti-government movements or militant groups.

“They were talking on the radio and so on … If you let them continue to have a voice, you create a potentially dangerous environment. So it was the lesser of two devils.”

http://www.smh.com.au/world/fiji-military-leader-admits-beatings-torture-20140620-zsg90.html

Yes, the very act of disagreement means you will be instigating violence in some minds..............................coffee1.gif

• Like 1

One can be assured that bringing peace to Bangkok, removing illegal weapons from the streets, making mass arrests of terrorists while the previous govt had let the lawless activities go unhindered was a welcome change for the people.

Had the previous govt spent more time fighting corruption instead of creating it and fighting lawlessness instead of ignoring it then the coup wouldn't have been.

I see only unity in Thailand on the whole. There is only a very vocal 7% group that don't agree. Well that 7% is a majority if you gauge it on "All the people I know don't like the Junta"!!!

How's that working out in the South for your utopia Jamie?

When's the last time you interacted with Muslims down in the South?

• Like 2

Complete neglect over the last 3 years, some inroads as now, slow process. N Ireland wasn't sorted in 6 months.

This 7% figure is solely based on the hardcore UDD faction, as you are constantly making referrals to this Jamie, so if the other 93% the population are happy with the Junta, can you please explain to all of us how is it that there's still an ongoing civil war in the Deep South and violence there hasn't abated since 22 May?

Complete neglect over the last 3 years, some inroads as now, slow process. N Ireland wasn't sorted in 6 months.

NI lasted 40 years and concessions were made, and lots of scumbag killers were released from their gaols as part of the Good Friday agreement.

Those of us who served there didn't agree with the selling out mate ?

• Like 1

This could be a hard act to do , eliminating conflicts and create unity, which ever way you look, Thailand remains divided within the population base, not everybody agrees with PM Prayuth and the measures adopted to bring about stability and quite a few like the junta but dislike the Democrats and vise versa, the proof in the pudding wont be known until the next set of General elections , then you will see the same old situations regurgitating again, coffee1.gif

NI lasted 40 years and concessions were made, and lots of scumbag killers were released from their gaols as part of the Good Friday agreement.

So better hundreds of more lives lost, because of principal ?? Alternative move pro loyalists out, compensate them re house in the UK, destroy all infrastructure and leave Ireland to it's self.??

No mention re--3 years of neglect, turned completely into a IRA topic ??thumbsup.gif

Those of us who served there didn't agree with the selling out mate

But your lot was wrong its solved now. But you expect the thai goverment to solve it in 6 months sounds not right to me.

I am now in the south not yet deep south. I would not want to go there i prefer to relax on the islands.

• Like 1

Without taking it OT NI always has had undertones and currents and is still a place of concern.

Ginjag you said 3 years of neglect but can you tell me what the budgets for the MILITARY were over these 3 years and what exactly did the RTA accomplish in their mission down there?

You very conveniently used the past 3 years as an excuse, what about the 7 years prior to this or doesn't it for into your wee adulation phase ? ?

So better hundreds of more lives lost, because of principal ?? Alternative move pro loyalists out, compensate them re house in the UK, destroy all infrastructure and leave Ireland to it's self.??

No mention re--3 years of neglect, turned completely into a IRA topic ??thumbsup.gif

I beg to differ,NOBODY mentioned the IRA and it was YOU sir who made the reference to Northern Ireland which was very different to the ongoing situation down in the South.

So who is actually the deflector here ?

Pop quiz just for you Ginjag, who was the Army Commander during these 3 years of neglect ?

3 years of political neglect die sure but the Army had their own Mission down there that didn't involve the political shenanigans but as have seen several time the Big Green like to dabble in Politics from time to time.

There's an insurgency down in the south that is made up of Muslim extremists take a look across the Muslim world and see what they think about making concessions the majority stick to their ideology what makes you so sure that the Extremists down South are remotely interested in a change in their ideology ?

7% you're as funny as the general.

• Like 2

Why can't the military just call out elections and wait for the next protest..

when the next protest goes out of hand and becomes illegal -- (by becomes illegal protest i mean that the protest is disrupting the government by blocking access to buildings and shit) -- the military should at that point help the completely incompetent thai police to control the protest, not take over the entire government,, but allow the elected government to continue it's work..

Why can't that happen?

Also, why are they not mass arresting / indicting / executing the thai police for being corrupt?

genuine questions above... and instead of saying how stupid and silly my thoughts, questions and ideas are,, PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME ... tell me what's wrong with my thinking in a constructive way please :)

Edited by hobz

7% you're as funny as the general.

I actually believe that Jamie is infact more red than Sir Alex Fergusons nose and that all his posts are black humour and that he probably has more in common with the red "hordes" of 7% than anyone else, as nobody with intellect would use words like he does " that there is PTP logic" ( how does he know what their logic is if he can make reference to it, as opposed to the Deep South Islamic logic???

By using little ditties like " The most popular PM in the past decade" too makes it even more tongue in cheek I recently held a poll in my village and ithe results were that 93% think I'm the dogs <deleted> and the other 7% are just sore losers as I beat them at paetong ( the game like bowls but on hard ground!! )

• Like 1

What are you smoking ? It can't be legal.

How's that working out in the South for your utopia Jamie

Those of us who served there didn't agree with the selling out mate

But your lot was wrong its solved now. But you expect the thai goverment to solve it in 6 months sounds not right to me.

I am now in the south not yet deep south. I would not want to go there i prefer to relax on the islands.

It was sorted when the terrorist IRA decided that politics would achieve more than terrorism. Now that might have been due to education, a sudden realization.

Or it might be to do with the American declaration of war on terrorism, on all terrorist organizations. That included the IRA which previously had enjoyed support and funding from some Americans.

The equally terrorist loyalist paramilitaries reached the same conclusion.

Fair play though to Paisley and McGuinness who showed how it can be made to work. Letting those guilty of murders off is never a good idea though.

Edited by Baerboxer
  • Like 1

NI wasn`t "sorted" by one side overthrowing the other in a coup, stiffling free speech and arresting anyone with an opposing view.

It`s a fair assumption it won`t work in Thailand also and it`s complete failure is already evident.

Anyone who can`t see the current situation as the death throes of the Thai elite really is a fool. "Thaksin is a *******, whilst quite true, is completely irrelevant and heres hoping the masses can finally claim some of the countrys wealth for themselves when the inevitable fall comes over the coming couple of years.

• Like 1

There are three ways that the government attains power: by controlling knowledge, controlling actions, and controlling the mind.

Also, once a day they have “two minutes hate” in which they are to express all their anger towards the enemy of the government. Mr T? Ms Y? The South? Red Shirt leaders? Buffalos? Western Press? Western style bikini that drives Thai male mad?

Citizens are conditioned to speak only words of praise about the Government.smile.png must adorne all faces?

Big brothers are someone to look up to and depend on. No one wants to hate their big brother. By using this name the government gives a false subliminal message of protection.

The General feels like a big brother?

The theme of this book, 1984, is power by control. It is about a totalitarian government. Totalitarian means that the government has total control over the citizens. The government refers to itself as Big Brother. There are three ways that the government attains power: by controlling knowledge, controlling actions, and controlling the mind. http://www.teenink.com/reviews/book_reviews/article/130050/1984

Now if one starts to report matters other than what the Government wants reported, you lose your job and the colonel’s come around to see you.

Now wait to the constitution is written; I feel that may be an attempt to control actions of others?

And what was the loggers all about? How does that come into this topic?