Bangkok Bank can't supply forms for tax refund!

i read on TV that forms are normally submitted from January to March for the prior year, and up to a total of three years, but that it is also possible to file any time during the year by paying a small penalty/late fee, and that it was possible to still file for 2011.

I went into my branch last week (Kad Suan Kaew in CM) to try to get the forms for my 2011 withheld taxes, which was pretty small. I happened to have all of my bank books for from 2011-2014 with me and the clerk at the desk said she could do all of them for me now. She came back with the forms for my 2014 withholding only and said the others were "too old". i questioned that and she randomly picked one, entered the number into her computer, and it showed "account not found". I not-so-randomly picked another from 2013 and showed her that the interest was credited and the taxes withheld in December 2013, less than a year ago. She took all the books back and a few minutes later I had the forms for 2013. She said 2012 is too old and "cannot do".

I don't mind losing the few baht I had withheld in 2011, especially since I had no idea then that it was even possible to get it back, but I'm disappointed to learn that I can't get a refund of the several thousand baht I had withheld in 2012. So, unless any on you have a better suggestion, the warning here is that even though you can apply for the refund up to 3 years later and only make one trip to the tax office every 3 years, you better get the bank forms every year.

Thanks for the info. I have one coming due tomorrow and will get my tax receipt and hustle over to the tax office in the new year. Some advice get your bank letter for the tax office as soon as your term deposit matures at the bank. The tax office goes back 3 years but it looks like Bangkok Bank will not go back to issue the letter.