Oil prices drop while gas prices rise in Thailand

webfact

Oil prices drop while gas prices rise in Thailand

oil.jpg

BANGKOK, 18 November 2014 (NNT) - The Energy Policy Committee has come up with a resolution to lower benzene and gasohol fuel prices down by another 60 satang today after world oil prices have declined continuously.

Energy Minister Narongchai Akkaraseranee revealed that the committee has adjusted the oil prices in Thailand in compliance with the market mechanism. Oil retailers, therefore, have been requested to lower down the prices of benzene and gasohol by 60 satang a liter. However, prices of Gasohol E85 and diesel will stay the same.

Although the committee agreed to allocate 60 satang more to every liter of diesel sold to the Oil Fund, it has assured that such action would not affect retail diesel prices. Diesel oil prices will continue to be sold at 29.39 baht per liter.

On the other hand, the committee agreed to raise LPG prices to reflect their actual costs in the market. LPG prices in the household and transport sector are set to be increased by 50 satang per kilogram from 22.63 baht to 23.13 baht, effective today.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-11-18 footer_n.gif

Come on!!! You don't expect oil companies to pass up on windfall profits do you?

I think the Thai Government is the winner as it doesn't have to pay as much in subsidies to keep the oil price lower than it would be without them.

World prices for petrol have dropped over the last few weeks?

Yes. I bought regular unleaded for US$2.40 per US gallon. That's 78 baht. There are 3.78 liters in a US gallon. That's down sharply in the last 90 days.

Not sure anyone can prove to me that PTT could not lower its prices by a good margin, and still not make a profit. This lack of lowering of the prices, despite the massive fall in wholesale oil prices reeks of profiteering. Maybe another example of the lack of consumer protections the current government is responsible for? And the lack of a free market. I know the apologists will say that the gas is subsidized. I do not believe it. It is simply too high to be subsidized, unless the oil companies are being mismanaged on a tragic level.

In most countries prices have dropped by around 20%.

Another example of why this junta will fail in 2015.

It certainly has NOT dropped by 20% in the UK nor I suspect in the EU either but being as you say that it has can you please provide the links?