A nice little earner?

Wow I hope it doesn't back fire onto the customer

Why is it so hard to give anyone cash over here

I need to keep every receipt as one day I might need them problem is I have run out of storage space

Maybe the garbage man might have to sell some gold chains

I have to be careful when paying my finance as they called me a while back and asked me how much j have paid them

Normally I should be asking them that

They told me had a problem with their computers

I should have lied and over exaggerated but I truthfully did not know so maybe I did say more than what I had paid anyway their fault if they dknt know

• Like 1

I lived in Samui about 5 years ago and paid about 200 baht for a whole year IIRC.. has something changed?

Right now in Nakhon Si Thammarat we pay 360 for a year, they also come three times a week - very good service it's a very clean town.

800 or even 600 a month sounds very wrong..

Edited by rwdrwdrwd
  • Like 1

Wow, 600Baht a month for garbage collection?

I pay 20Baht a month.

Keep telling you people, Living in Issan is better than Koh Tao.

I collect garbage for my customers!!! I also pay their bills for them. whistling.gif

It is not 600 baht per house. (But I too agree with Mole thumbsup.gif )

The fee is 30B for one house/shop in Nathon, but these are the only receipts I don´t keep. As long as I pay only once a month I thought there shouldn´t be a problem. One would think it´s the Tessaban´s responsibility to make sure they´re not cheated by their employees.

• Like 1

The fee is 30B for one house/shop in Nathon, but these are the only receipts I don´t keep. As long as I pay only once a month I thought there shouldn´t be a problem. One would think it´s the Tessaban´s responsibility to make sure they´re not cheated by their employees.

That is what they were doing today. Checking on the cash collector.

I think that he works for the Tessaban, although I know that the garbage trucks are contractors. The money collector could just as easily work for them???

I lived in Samui about 5 years ago and paid about 200 baht for a whole year IIRC.. has something changed?

Right now in Nakhon Si Thammarat we pay 360 for a year, they also come three times a week - very good service it's a very clean town.

800 or even 600 a month sounds very wrong..

As longtom states later on - the fee on Samui is 30 baht a month for Thais. 60 baht a month for farangs. (We have a lot more rubbish - believe me.)

I pay more as I have a commercial licence. I can also deliver the garbage direct to the incinerator.

On Samui - the garbage is collected daily. Unfortunately, Samui is not very clean in some areas. This is mainly because of the large amounts of garbage with few resources to collect it. Unfortunately, the majority of people on Samui have a similar view to nomad. They do not pay - so limited resources for collecting.

Anyway - this was not supposed to be a 'how much to gather garbage thread' - I was hoping for a more of a 'what little scams have you come across' thread.

Couple years back I posted photos of my Thai neighbours but people here dismissed it.

Reckoned Burmese perhaps? (Really!!)

Nope. I can't afford to live in a walled farang compound. I live amongst ordinary Thai people - educated and with good jobs.

The tin-shed pics had mostly hotel workers living there.

None of these people have ever heard of paying money every month for garbage . . . ;-)

Attached again.

Every few weeks I go and collect all the crap that litters my soi and cart it of (cos I can't bear the sight of it or the stink when they burn it) and they all nod at me and smile. Crazy farang.

R

1531645_647800778641063_3961616815964563

newroom5-1.jpg

Edited by robsamui