Best place in CNX to buy a car radio/CD player?

davehowden

Not sure about the Hang Dong area (live there).....Amnuay Auto/AC seems to have a nice set of displays + their shop is modern, versatile, and clean.....there is another shop "Fitt"? on the left on the way in on 108 - has the time/temp displayed - I've been in there and seems well organized with many choices.....

I've bought a simple car audio system from a shop on Mahidol Road, on the stretch between the SW corner of the moat and Airport Plaza. More or less opposite the Star Something karaoke complex. Look for the Pioneer sign on one of the shophouses on the left when coming from the moat.

My only requirement really was a USB slot so you can stick in any USB stick with MP3s, and decent volume without going all audiophile with extra amplifiers and what not.

That sort of stuff starts around 2000 Baht I think and they also build it in.

I had a Pioneer usb cd player fitted at Big C (superhwy south of city, a few years ago. Cheaper than Amnuay, who were not very interested when I walked in their shop. TBH, you can buy anywhere, unless you're looking for something special, hi-end.