Best visa run company Phuket-Penang for Non - O visa for retirement purposes

Hi all,

Any word on the best visa run company from Phuket to Patong for a non - O visa? My dad will be going soon to try to get a non - O and then when he returns try to get a retirement visa. 3 months ago he was refused in KL but they gave him another Tourist Visa, which we tried to change here in Phuket. First they said come back before the visa expired (Nov 9) saying come back in the same month it was to expire,then when we went back they said to get an extension, we did that and then went back today and they said the law changed last week and you can no longer change the type of visa inside Thailand. So now he has to go to Penang. Any thoughts on the best company? He is 74 and has a foot injury so I'm looking to find a good and reputable company, something a member can recommend from personal experience. Thanks all!

For comfortable, quick travel the only option is by air. The service by visa run companies is all very similar.

Otherwise he should be able to obtain the visa conversion in Hat Yai, that is a little closer.

KBV are the largest company doing visa runs from Phuket. I have used them several times and they have never let me down.

On the Penang run they help you with all the form-filling etc, and their agents seem extremely knowledgable about each different kind of visa. The hotel they use in Penang is pretty good.

No bus service is going to be comfortable for your Dad - travelling by plane would obviously be much quicker. I just looked at the AirAsia flights Phuket > Penang for early December, they quoted 5200 Baht return.

My guess is that your Dad is more likely to get the visa he needs going with a service like KBV - they seem to be on friendly terms with the staff at Penang Consulate - but the flights would be much easier on his foot.