Why Does A Successful Intelligent Farang Marry A Bar Girl

terry57

Well dude, if your happy marryin a girl who has probably slept with hundreds of guys, that's your business, but you can't honestly tell me there are no pitfalls with that.

And thats the bullshit thing about it!

Define bargirl!

Does "bargirl automatically mean-

Girl who's worked in bars since a young age screwing as many customers as possible with no consideration for the mans feelings as money is the main issue....

Of course it does'nt, some girls work in 1 bar for a week before they are swept away by a farang, does that make them a bargirl? :o

And no there are no pitfulls with my marraige :D

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well I say marrying a bar girl is a big risk as they take money off guys for sex as a living, they are used to loving a guy for a week and then leaving them for the next customer, I think the majority of them will only be in the relationship for the money and if you go broke there off to find a new one.

Ofcourse not all of them are like that but I bet you that there is alot of a bigger risk marrying a bar girl then a non bar girl.

Hmmm know plenty of non-bargirls that have taken mates to cleaners. :o There is risk in any relationship that is a fact. :D

Yes I know but marrying a bar girl would increase your chances of getting cleaned out, nobody can tell me that marrying a bar girl is safer then marrying a non bargirl.

Well dude, if your happy marryin a girl who has probably slept with hundreds of guys, that's your business, but you can't honestly tell me there are no pitfalls with that.

And thats the bullshit thing about it!

Define bargirl!

Does "bargirl automatically mean-

Girl who's worked in bars since a young age screwing as many customers as possible with no consideration for the mans feelings as money is the main issue....

Of course it does'nt, some girls work in 1 bar for a week before they are swept away by a farang, does that make them a bargirl? :o

And no there are no pitfulls with my marraige :D

Yes some may not be, Not all bar girls are bad, im sure there is some that would be great marrage material like your wife may be. You are probaly lucky, but majority of them will clean you out

Most waiters and waitresses "back home" dont work as hookers on the side.

I worked in the business in the West for 30 years and the old saying is, “The difference between a cocktail waitress and a hooker is the hooker gets paid for it all the time.”

Walk in a hotel bar in a resort city and tear a $500 dollar bill in half and wrap it around your room key with a rubber band and I guarantee you won’t spend the night alone.

Yes some may not be, Not all bar girls are bad, im sure there is some that would be great marrage material like your wife may be. You are probaly lucky, but majority of them will clean you out

From someone who's never dated or most likely spoken to one - I dare say we will trust your judgement. :o

Edited by britmaveric

The denial on this thread and frankly in many other places on this forum is startling.Why can't it be accepted that there are major and sometimes crippling issues to deal with when marrying a prostitute? Whether Thai or not is probably not very relevant except for the additional burden of cultural misunderstanding.I'm not condemning and in fact I understand some of the reasons very well, particularly for those coming from a sexually repressive English background.

Incidentally am I alone in thinking that posters who constantly use the word "<deleted>" rarely have anything interesting to say?

Crippling issues when marrying a prostitute? In the West I would agree with you 100%. But this is Thailand. In your average straight restaurant with entertainment and bar, 50% of the waitress as my lady says “go with customers.” In the West that happens in hotel bars in resort areas but is much less prevalent elsewhere.

University students in Thailand from 10 to 50% supplement their funds in the same way. That is not true in the West.

There is a different mind set in Thailand in regards to pay for play. The social stigma is not near as severe as some who post her seem to think and the personal psychological trauma involved in the business is not near as bad as in the West because of the general acceptance of the trade.

You are absolutely correct in your statement about coming from a sexually repressive background. It also effects many others posting on this forum.

Well I say marrying a bar girl is a big risk as they take money off guys for sex as a living, they are used to loving a guy for a week and then leaving them for the next customer, I think the majority of them will only be in the relationship for the money and if you go broke there off to find a new one.

Ofcourse not all of them are like that but I bet you that there is alot of a bigger risk marrying a bar girl then a non bar girl.

There is a risk in marrying anyone. There is one bar you can sit in at and watch the older well to do Thai ladies in Pattaya walk up to boys town. Is it a risk to date an older well to do Thai lady?

I really don’t think there much difference in risk dating a bar girl or a supposed non bar girl. The families for the most part have the same expectations. The families and the neighbors have the same apprehension toward a Farang.

The biggest risk is cultural differences in general as opposed to habits picked up by women in the trade.

I have an educated young woman friend here who has been through 10 Thai guys in the past year. She now wants me to fix her up with a Farang guy.

If you have found a Thai woman who is a virgin then I think you could make the statement that there is an advantage in marrying her over a bar girl.

But I would suggest that a Thai girl who is not a virgin is in the same general category as bar girl as a rule of thumb.

Virginity is still high on the list of values in Thai society. It is not like the West. A man can expect a good girl to be a virgin even at 30.

They are not called " Ladies " in LOS for nothing. Some are as hard as nails, but all see it as a business and little else. When they retire, they can retire, and mix within a local community with little or no social stigma. Try being an ex-pro in Burnley and see what happens to your application to join the women's institute.

But I would suggest that a Thai girl who is not a virgin is in the same general category as bar girl as a rule of thumb.

And I suggest you are talking out of an orifice usually reserved for other bodily functions.

General categories and rules of thumb are no excuse for utter nonsense like suggesting that any Thai woman who has previously lost her virginity is no better than a prostitute.

You guys seriously cant believe a non-bar girl has the same risks as marrying a bar girl. If you do then your in denial big time. I have been around bar girls and spoken to many.

I cant believe how you can even try to counter that

- Kerryk

I really don’t think there much difference in risk dating a bar girl or a supposed non bar girl. The families for the most part have the same expectations. The families and the neighbors have the same apprehension toward a Farang.

Kerry is going back to the same old stuff that every Thai family is just after the Farang and his money. I think that we have already heard stories of many members who are not married to ex-bar girls wives or girfriends that that is not always the case. Or may be i am wrong.

Is there no difference between a girl who is not a virgin and a prostitute? A bar-girl is a prostitute, so Kerry is saying that every Thai girl who isn't a virgin is the same as a prostitute.

Any members have any opinions on that?

Edited by stevesuphan

the trouble is that very few people will bother to post how happy they are and how successful the relationship is, after all its boring reading whereas the total holocaust and the seedy side etc make compelling reading for the majority of people.

Here's some boring reading! ....I'm happy and have a successful relationship :o

ditto

University students in Thailand from 10 to 50% supplement their funds in the same way
Do you just make these figures up ? 10-50 is a bit of a jump.

I'd just like to add my support to all those that think this guy is "talking out of an orifice usually reserved for other bodily functions."

Edited by RamdomChances

"Virginity is still high on the list of values in Thai society. It is not like the West. A man can expect a good girl to be a virgin even at 30."

No, thanks at thirty I want a complete slut in bed. The importance of virginity in Thailand has also faded away long ago....Your views are outdated and inaccurate.

The denial on this thread and frankly in many other places on this forum is startling.Why can't it be accepted that there are major and sometimes crippling issues to deal with when marrying a prostitute? Whether Thai or not is probably not very relevant except for the additional burden of cultural misunderstanding.I'm not condemning and in fact I understand some of the reasons very well, particularly for those coming from a sexually repressive English background.

Incidentally am I alone in thinking that posters who constantly use the word "<deleted>" rarely have anything interesting to say?

Crippling issues when marrying a prostitute? In the West I would agree with you 100%. But this is Thailand. In your average straight restaurant with entertainment and bar, 50% of the waitress as my lady says “go with customers.” In the West that happens in hotel bars in resort areas but is much less prevalent elsewhere.

University students in Thailand from 10 to 50% supplement their funds in the same way. That is not true in the West.

There is a different mind set in Thailand in regards to pay for play. The social stigma is not near as severe as some who post her seem to think and the personal psychological trauma involved in the business is not near as bad as in the West because of the general acceptance of the trade.

You are absolutely correct in your statement about coming from a sexually repressive background. It also effects many others posting on this forum.

Absolute nonsense!! What are you basing your figures on? 10-50% of Thai university students are prostitutes - really! Is this what 'your lady' told you? and how many university students does she know in Thailand exactly to base this on?

Q. Why did i marry a bar girl?

A. Because i can.

When dealing with BG's, the rule of thumb is never spend more than you can afford to loose.

Saying this, i know fools who have had to go back out of retirement, cuz there nest

egg was gone, but know others that are happily married for many years. I would guess

the ratio of 80-20 failed vs success, but have no facts to back it up. How could you back up a statement like that. Ok, I'm changing a 90-10 would be more accurate.

I think it all depends on the mental capacity of both partners. There are a lot of strange Frarangs coming to the LOS looking for love, cuz they couldn't find it in there home country. There is also lazy, (or forced by there parents) Thai girls that go to make the big bucks. It's a collition course, of course.

Time for bed-goodnight

"Virginity is still high on the list of values in Thai society. It is not like the West. A man can expect a good girl to be a virgin even at 30."

No, thanks at thirty I want a complete slut in bed. The importance of virginity in Thailand has also faded away long ago....Your views are outdated and inaccurate.

It may be not as prevalent as it once was - but to say the importance of virginity faded away long ago is actually the inaccurate statement! Prostitution in Thailand and East Asian nations generally is widespread and tolerated because free and consensual pre-marital sexual relations don't exist in the same way - for many men in Thailand the only way to have sex prior to marriage (or at least a very long term relationship) is through visiting brothels.

Well basically I dont really believe in stats, I think most of its just made up anyway, I like some of you posters here (you may not feel the same) but I dont want to get into this slagging match.

I'll stick by to what I think, who knows maybe im wrong but thats my opinion.

Absolute nonsense!! What are you basing your figures on? 10-50% of Thai university students are prostitutes - really! Is this what 'your lady' told you? and how many university students does she know in Thailand exactly to base this on?

Sorry I should have been more specific. There are universities in Thailand that 10% of the students are available and some that 50% are available.

I am basing my estimates on professors from the universities that I have spoken with and students.

Most of the students can tell you which schools are which because they attract like students.

Ask a few from different universities and you will get the same information.

Sorry I should have been more specific. There are universities in Thailand that 10% of the students are available and some that 50% are available.

I am basing my estimates on professors from the universities that I have spoken with and students.

Most of the students can tell you which schools are which because they attract like students.

Perhaps KerryK just had too many Chang's that nite he was down in Playskool in Pattaya. So trashed off his head, that he took the Mamasang to be a professor and the go-go bar to be a university.

Talk about troll!

geeeeze ... give us a break!

Why does anybody get married?Any fool can get married,it takes a smart S.O.B. to stay single.I have never met a happy married man!!!!!!!!!!! :D:o:D If you say you are<I don't believe you>

Utter nonsense. May be you should leave your house once in awhile.

Incidentally am I alone in thinking that posters who constantly use the word "&lt;deleted&gt;" rarely have anything interesting to say?

hahahah 50%???

I guess what type of Uni, maybe a really small one with little students (very unlikely) but come on 50%???

What uni's are the ones with 50%?? I would love to know the names

It may be not as prevalent as it once was - but to say the importance of virginity faded away long ago is actually the inaccurate statement! Prostitution in Thailand and East Asian nations generally is widespread and tolerated because free and consensual pre-marital sexual relations don't exist in the same way - for many men in Thailand the only way to have sex prior to marriage (or at least a very long term relationship) is through visiting brothels.

Very well put, I agree completely. If one looks at the ages of male virgins in Japan it is staggering. Your statement also explains why women in Asia who are not virgins are at a severe disadvantage when competing for quality Asian men.