Black Chicken?

miltonbentley

From the breed make them have black meat and done .

black chicken = Taihe chicken = black-boned chicken = Silky chicken Notes: Many Asians believe that soup made from black chicken has medicinal properties that are especially helpful to women.

Being a mixed Chinese TH , in my family sometimes cook "black chicken" as stew/soup with chinese herb .. for me the taste is not differrent from other kinds of chicken

05.jpg

some people think black chicken 's meat is coarse , it's not so good for cooking in other ways

Nutrition Fact

Edited by BambinA

From the breed make them have black meat and done .

black chicken = Taihe chicken = black-boned chicken = Silky chicken Notes: Many Asians believe that soup made from black chicken has medicinal properties that are especially helpful to women.

Being a mixed Chinese TH , in my family sometimes cook "black chicken" as stew/soup with chinese herb .. for me the taste is not differrent from other kinds of chicken

05.jpg

some people think black chicken 's meat is coarse , it's not so good for cooking in other ways

Nutrition Fact

Thank Bambina I like to try new things so I think I'll give it a go.

a pack of chinese herb( u can find it at supermarket)

black chicken

sweet black soya sauce

soya sauce

salt

pepper

boiled water and then put all above in the pot ..taste it(dont do too much strong flavor ..when u cook it will be concentrated )...cook till the chicken is soften

easy hah?

a pack of chinese herb( u can find it at supermarket)

black chicken

sweet black soya sauce

soya sauce

salt

pepper

boiled water and then put all above in the pot ..taste it(dont do too much strong flavor ..when u cook it will be concentrated )...cook till the chicken is soften

easy hah?

Great thanks for the recipe. I will try it out next week and report back to you.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi All

I frequently see in the supermarket black chickens. Can anyone tell me how they get that way, how they are usually cooked and what does it taste like?

Thanks

Try a chinese dish, stir fry black chicken with ginger and sesame oil. Black chicken is like kampong chicken but black chicken is softer and lesser fats.

Ingredient

1 black chicken cut ito small pcs

2 spoonful of light soy

2 spoonful of sweet black soy if u like sweet ( if not skip tis)

some garlie mince it

lots of ginger cut into small pcs

1 spoonful of oil

1) once your pan is heat up add in the oil and the ginger.

2)fried the ginger until its go brown and add in the garlie and the chicken

3) stir fried for a while and add in the light soy and dark soy and fried for another 10min ( remember the dishes must be with abit of moisture not too dry, if too dry please add some water in between)

4) off your gas before you serve pour in some sesame oil.

Try it you won't regret.

Called "wu ji" in China. normally served in a soupy stew with herbs as Bambina said.

Actually I believe I believe they are supposed to be particularly beneficial for women. Not sure why the Chinese think that.

Maybe bambina can help?

• 2 months later...
Actually I believe I believe they are supposed to be particularly beneficial for women. Not sure why the Chinese think that.

Maybe bambina can help?

don't know :o , never heard that before (sorry for my ignorant)

what is the Thai name for this Black Chicken? Thx

Gai Dum

-Gai =chicken

-Dum=black

My wife got a couple black chickens from a friend of hers. The hen died but the rooster is still alive and well. My wife said the rooster needs about eight hens and that is why the hen died. Anyways this is his home and he is friends with our dog. The gates to our house are often open but he chooses to stay here. He is VERY skittish and won't allow people close to him.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In china, we believe black chicken can make up blood for women. Women usually eat "WU JI" when in pregnancy, after giving birth or in period. This kind of chicken is also helpful for the skin. There is also kind of medicine called "WU JI BAI FENG WAN" that means "black chicken and white chicken pills". In chinese culture, female is considered as "phenis" and male as "dragon". When chinese cook that kind of soup with chicken and cat, they call it "Dragon Phenix Soup" instead. People think they can get energy and power from such soup.