Offshore banking advice

Hey everyone! I'm looking for an offshore account in Singapore or HK. I have two sources of income. First is my monthly retirement from the U.S. going to a U.S. bank. Second is my current salary paid in SGD from our office in Singapore. It gets transferred to my Bangkok Bank account every month. I would like both moved to one bank that is extremely private from prying eyes in the US.

What bank would you suggest for transferring my retirement and currently salary to?

I live here in Thailand, but my work is all of Asia Pacific.

unfortunately the bank you are looking for neither exists in Hong Kong nor in Singapore

Am I looking in the wrong country?

your problem is not wrong country but wrong citizenship. banks in any country (few exceptions only) are generally refusing to open accounts for US citizens / US persons because of the hassles (mandatory detailed IRS reporting) attached.

the era "private from prying eyes" is gone and won't return crying.gif

This is not specific to U.S citizens: Several years ago, you could open a HK bank account with just a passport, and even get a credit card thrown in. But now you usually require a HK id card and/or employment letter. It is easier for overseas people to open accounts in Singapore. With the HSBC, if you can open an account with them in your home country, you can then get a referral to open an account with them in an overseas country.

This is not specific to U.S citizens: Several years ago, you could open a HK bank account with just a passport, and even get a credit card thrown in. But now you usually require a HK id card and/or employment letter. It is easier for overseas people to open accounts in Singapore. With the HSBC, if you can open an account with them in your home country, you can then get a referral to open an account with them in an overseas country.

With the HSBC, if you can open an account with them in your home country, you can then get a referral to open an account with them in an overseas country.

brilliant idea! the OP will open an account with HSBC in his hometown Birmingham, Alabama or Duluth, Minnesota, get a referral to HSBC Singapore and that will meet the OP's demand "extremely private from prying eyes in the US". sick.gif

• Like 1

If you are an American,your A duck out of water.If you have over $10,000 in any foreign bank The IRS is going to come down on

You like gangbusters.FATCA is strong.Just about all countries are abiding to it.The banks will be heavily fined if they don't

Inform the U.S. of your money.As long as you pay the taxes on the money you make you'll be ok.