skype problems.

meatboy

having had my lap top cleaned awhile back and the bloke set it up with windows 7,it keeps displaying that this is a copy and not genuine every time i log in to the internet,and i havent been able to connect to skype.well i have asked our comp.expert davader and he has advised me this.

google remove wat and disable kb971033 hopefully this will do the trick.

reading some of the comments re.removewat,and disable kb971033,

dont do it.

dont work.

but the one i was concerned about,do not do it it will crash your comp.

so the wife had better take it back to the shop that installed windows 7.

Or maybe install a genuine operating system ?

dont do it.

dont work.

Agreed but I doubt that it is the issue. Nonetheless it was the shop that installed Windows 7. I strongly doubt, given this is Thailand, that the sign said "Buy Counterfeit Windows 7 Here".

dont do it.

dont work.

Agreed but I doubt that it is the issue. Nonetheless it was the shop that installed Windows 7. I strongly doubt, given this is Thailand, that the sign said "Buy Counterfeit Windows 7 Here".

Most shops install copies and switch updates off. Even then, after about two weeks this not genuine pops up. There're certain ways to make it look better and run updates as well.

• Like 1

dont do it.

dont work.

we did have a problem about 2-3yrs ago,updating windows and we found all our contacts on skype and e-mail had been wiped off,so that time my bil.who is a uni.teacher took it to get repaired by the bloke who does the comps at the uni.he also set up a copy of windows not sure if it was 9 but skype worked ok.i did set up a new password with skype this week and i got an e-mail from them via hotmail to say it was a successfull change but when i log into skype it just comes up skype CANNOT CONECT. anyway its the wife that does use it a lot to talk to her old mates in the uk.

dont do it.

dont work.

we did have a problem about 2-3yrs ago,updating windows and we found all our contacts on skype and e-mail had been wiped off,so that time my bil.who is a uni.teacher took it to get repaired by the bloke who does the comps at the uni.he also set up a copy of windows not sure if it was 9 but skype worked ok.i did set up a new password with skype this week and i got an e-mail from them via hotmail to say it was a successfull change but when i log into skype it just comes up skype CANNOT CONECT. anyway its the wife that does use it a lot to talk to her old mates in the uk.

Did you get my private message? Just delete your skype under control panel, download the newest version, check for the right settings and you'll be fine.

And please read my message how to deal with the not genuine message.

Edited by lostinisaan

dont do it.

dont work.

Most shops install copies and switch updates off. Even then, after about two weeks this not genuine pops up. There're certain ways to make it look better and run updates as well.

I thought even a copy windows will receive the automatic updates, but can't log in to download them manually.

It could well be connected since Skype is owned by Microsoft.