Ringing endorsement for Prayut government from the business sector

webfact

Just did a road trip in my pickup from Chiang Mai - Surin - Chiang Mai. About 2100 km, via Phetchabun, Chaiyapum. Saw lots of houses and even more industrial related buildings being built.

Things can't be that bad, or I am just seeing the glass half full ?

• Like 2

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is the same article as one saying there is "mixed feelings" over Prayuth, only altered to have a positive spin!

In truth there is not a single subjective and independent opinion in that article which relies on a couple of Prayuths lackys towing the party line. In reality foreign businesses are in despair at plans to limit foreign ownership, whilst figures point to a stagnating economy on the brink of recession with FDI in freefall.

I`m not quite sure who they hope to convince with this <deleted> to be perfectly honest. The squeeze on people pockets is not something you can hide with propaganda!

Its alright. Elsewhwere someone is arguing that Thailand can forgive FDI because obviously Thai homegrown industry is going to pull the economy along.

The junta still think we are bunch of idiots and keep churning out all these feel good reports when the ground situation is completely in the reverse. Most businnesses that I am in contact are gutting this poor economic situation out with reduce revenues of up to 50%. Most of my contractors friends have no work as project approvals are delayed. Small retails near my house are closing down due to reduce customers as domestic consumption softened and people have no confidence of the business future.

Even BOI reported a decline of 10% foreign investment and will be worse when the junta imposed more control on foreign businesses. Unemployment is up. Central Bank is forecasting this year to be less than 1% as budget allocations for 2015 are only dripping into the wider economy.

Better for the junta to face up to the real situation than surround themself with people who only to eager bring the good news.

Perhaps you corruption-supporting falang know more about the economy than the Thai business leaders questioned?

I think not.

The same old posters criticising anything this government does or says.

The previous administration is gone. Get over it and try to help the country improve.

Or leave, and stop filling up ThaiVisa with your negative, unhelpful comments.

Until there is a truly free Thai press allowed to counter such glowing accounts no one can ever be trustful of the Thai business leaders, government, etc. who promote this stuff. While it could be true, I would not take a bet on it solely for the reason that opposition opinion is not allowed. As things stand now, the press is not allowed to publish articles that question the government. How does anyone know what to believe?

Then go after all of those irrespective of political hue or family connections etc who have conspired to steal as much as they could from Thailand and its peoples.

Quite difficult when the coup makers are the main culprits for this. Will they arrest themselves?

ps why are all coup supporters older British guys in Issan. Must be an old colonial thing

Well you have never ask me or anyone I know!

• Like 1

Just did a road trip in my pickup from Chiang Mai - Surin - Chiang Mai. About 2100 km, via Phetchabun, Chaiyapum. Saw lots of houses and even more industrial related buildings being built.

Things can't be that bad, or I am just seeing the glass half full ?

There's Also several around the Korat Kratoke area but how many are projects that were started prior to 22 May ?

You can't say for sure these new builds are from the approval of the Junta, as much as you can say they're not related to post coup economics ?

I have been very happy recently with the quality of ridiculous-ness coming out of the good general's mouth. With every cunning plan, the laugh-o-meter is getting a good workout.

Good to see you are getting a good laugh out of "the cunning plans". A bit of a change from people mourning over loved ones who took their own lives because of the previous government's botched rice scheme, and innocent protesters, including children, who were murdered by the Shinawatra terrorist arm, the ThaiRouge.

Spare them a thought next time you have a good belly laugh, and think about going back to the good ol' days of Shin regime rule. thumbsup.gif

I spare a thought for them and all those who perished under authoritarian regimes of ANY persuasion. If you believe either red or yellow are blameless, then clearly the current propaganda blitz has worked remarkably well.

Who am I to wake you from your yellow tinged idyll?

Meanwhile, I am returning to my state of government-induced happiness, as instructed by the good general.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Perhaps you corruption-supporting falang know more about the economy than the Thai business leaders questioned?

I think not.

The same old posters criticising anything this government does or says.

The previous administration is gone. Get over it and try to help the country improve.

Or leave, and stop filling up ThaiVisa with your negative, unhelpful comments.

I wasn't questioning the intelligence of the Thai Business man , I was remarking on the hurdles that are going to be increased on international companies so they can invest , improve , innovate , research and build a better Thailand.

I would have thought this thought process would be a lot more applicable to those that support the coup. When any wrongdoing of the current administration is highlighted you retort ad nauseum "but the previous government did ......"

It`s a bit like your friends letting you know your current wife is cheating on you, but you defend it by saying "didn`t my first wife do that also, and worse!?" That may well be but the first wife is gone and what she did is ireelevant and can no longer be dealt with, the current one can.

As you say it`s time to "get over it and try to help the country improve," and that isn`t going to happen with this lot in charge.

We are off to India soon and really wish Thailand luck in sorting out their mess.

But i firmly believe without the elections in 2015 its plummeting world perception won't improve .

People rule out in many cases visiting a country with so much political unrest potentially , and one governed by military .

We have children and so family insurance is essential.

Its just not something easily obtained these days if your going there.

Free speech and threats , and the spike of murders etc.

I feel this country may be ruled for quite some Time by a Government trying to insist it is something other than the reality.

Tourism loss is just one aspect-

Business will maybe be mishandled too.

The cracks are starting to show and people can't have peace of mind with their family in such places anymore.

I hope by late next year we see some elections and things return again to a democracy.

I could not give a hoot what the EC found or did not find, vote buying exists in Thailand and the Shin parties used it on a grand scale. It was a waste of time for the other parties to do it when everyone knew the Shin vote was worth more, they obviously had a bigger budget.

Isn`t there a rule about posting blatant lies? laugh.png

The Shinawatra family are a lowly tenth in Thailands rich list whilst those that fund the Democrats have several representatives in the top ten. This BS that Thaksin is the richest man alive is ignorant nonsense.

The wealth of the Thai elite and their political puppet the democrats is multiple times richer than Thaksin so your arguments doesn`t add up, taking aside it`s been proven nonsense anyway.

A number of posts with messed up quotes have been removed as it was difficult to determine who said what.

If you cannot post without violating the following, don't bother posting:

Thailand remain under Martial Law and the rules related to Social Media and posting on Thaivisa will follow the guidelines set forth by the Thai government and the military. Here are some things that you should consider when posting:

All suspects in lese majeste cases, national security cases, violators of NCPO orders will face court martial.

Any discussion of the Monarchy or members of the royal family in a political context will result in a ban. This includes vague comments that could be construed as referring to the Monarchy.

Please use discretion in your references to the government. Phrases which can be considered as anti-coup will be removed. Referring to Thailand or the government as a dictatorship, military dictatorship or other such terms will be removed.

Any posts which can be construed as rumor mongering are not allowed.

Posters violating these rules, and the forum rules will receive a warning, a possible suspension of posting privileges or a ban from the site.

Please check the entire list of forum rules: http://www.thaivisa....tion=boardrules

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/769792-notice-to-members-posting-in-thailand-news/