Need To Get Estimates And Breakdown Of Expats In Pattaya And Thailand

dishrace

Would like to get estimates and breakdown of the number of expats living in the major cities specificallt Pattaya, Bangkok and overall figure for Thailand. Also number of falangs visiting as tourists each year. Any idea where I can get the information??? Thanks!!

Would like to get estimates and breakdown of the number of expats living in the major cities specificallt Pattaya, Bangkok and overall figure for Thailand. Also number of falangs visiting as tourists each year. Any idea where I can get the information??? Thanks!!

I tried a quick google and didn't have a lot of luck. The Tourism Authority of Thailand's main site is in Thai. There appears to be sites about individual places that may have stats on those places.

I know there are stats out there, as I saw some last year. It's late at night and I'm too tired to start digging deeper right now.

Better question is why?

Maybe he's making plans to have us all rounded up and deported ? :o

Or he's trying to figure out where the best places would be to open a chain of "Fat Farang" clothing stores. :D

He could just be worried about the number of Farang competitors for Thai Ladies. He doesn't need to worry... I believe that there are one or two extra floating around. If he looks long enough and hard enough he might be able to find a date. :D I'm really suspicious of the ones looking for all those numbers, why? Is he looking for numbers and locations to see where best to set up a business? I believe it would be better to pound the streets and get to know people and get to know markets that way. :o

Some statistics from 1994. Maybe they are a litle dated, but probably provide an "order of magnitude" estimate: 273,000 Resident Aliens in Thailand, of whom 65% (177,000) were male.

Of the TOTAL number, 162,000 lived in Bangkok and 5 adajcent provinces. Sorry, I did not note the names of the provinces - likely Samut Sakhon, Nonthaburi, Pathumthani, Chachaengsao & Samut Prakan. (Maybe Nakhon Pathom instead of Chachaensao.)