First Annual Extension based on Retirement Tomorrow at Chiang Mai - Last Clarifications

Probably paranoid but to minimse risk, get the documents all sorted out, and get it all done in one day hopefully some last minute points to confirm or correct, please -

1. Just back from Kasikorn with the bank letter, copy passbook & statement and (unexpectedly) was asked if I wanted the letter in English or Thai - I opted for Thai
  2. The TM7 asks - "arrived by (mode of transportation", "from", and "port of arrival" - and I presume the answers here should relate to the latest Non-Imm O visa I got in Laos, as opposed to the Tourist visa which preceded it which I got in the UK to get me into Thailand previously?
  3. Some posters have mentioned the 5 queues which start to form from some ungodly hour outside the immigration office but also said that the "placards" there were not too clear about which queue to join - so to avoid what might be a bad mistake does anyone know for sure which queue would be relevant for the annual extension?

Help much appreciated. Thanks.

Don't know about CM but at Lop buri I was told the bank letter had to be dated the same day as the application. That was 2 years ago so last time I was standing at the door of the bank when they opened, got the letter, copied the book then went to immigration.

Don't forget your proof of place of residence and all passport copies and sign all the bits of paper

In Chiang Mai, there is absolutely no way the bank letter can be dated the same day as the extension unless you got an appointment online. Having a bank letter and updated passbook dated from the day before is jut fine.

You should get to Chiang Mai Immigration around 5 am and get in line No. 2 for a retirement extension. Don't worry if you're in the right line -- it will be the longest line.

I'm from Chiang Mai. Been there, done that, have the sleep deprivation to prove it.

Edited by NancyL