Bar Girl Threads!

Jockstar

If you look at the General topics right now there is about half a dozen bargirl threads. What happened to take it over to bargirls.com etc. There is threads starting from as early as 2003. I understand some threads getting started recently as some havent been around that long on here and dont do a search. But seriously its boring. Each to their own regarding bg's i'm not saying dont discuss it at all. But come on at least 5 or six threads? Where are all the mods?

Totally agree with Jockstar!

It seems as if trolls have hit the forum, otherwise a certain section of the forum seem intent on turning Thaivisa into another sex tourist board of which there are already numerous. Is it really the case that all Thai related forums have to dedicate themselves specifically to bar girls discussions? Does this mean that people who discuss Thailand on the internet are mainly interested in this aspect and other folks just don't frequent Thai related boards at all? I can understand why many people are deterred from contributing if a large percentage of discussions/members solely focus on Thailand's nightlife scene.

Edited by Egon

When I first joined these topics always were discussed in the same way as they are being discussed now. It was only after a time that certain posters kept starting topics with the sole intention of restarting old arguments over and over again.

Basically what happened was that the boundaries were pushed and pushed so much that it was a relief when admin/mods decided enough was enough and closed down these topics and normal service resumed. Before they did that it seemed like every topic was about bar girls or a smilar related topic, that more often than not degraded into the same people arguing over the same rediculous points.

While I welcome the return of these well debated and sometimes controversial topics... you can't blame me for thinking that some posters will push the limits too far again, and ruin it for everyone.

I hope I'm wrong..

I made the above post when that first BG topic was allowed to run.. I didn't think I'd be wrong.

totster :o

Is it really the case that all Thai related forums have to dedicate themselves specifically to bar girls discussions?

Tv is hardly specifically dedicating itself to bargirls discussions, theres 5-6 threads in only one section on them out of how many hundreds of threads currently on this board.

Does this mean that people who discuss Thailand on the internet are mainly interested in this aspect and other folks just don't frequent Thai related boards at all?

I'd say its certainly an aspect that people like to chat about. Again, its hardly the only discussion going on at the moment.

I can understand why many people are deterred from contributing if a large percentage of discussions/members solely focus on Thailand's nightlife scene.

Perhaps the nightlife section would be more suitable for them, but it seems to me TV is letting it slide at the moment to see if they can breathe a little life into the board. Lets face it, the sex toruism discussion was 50 pages long, a topic hasn't gone that far so soon in a long time unless everyone wants to chat about rain of course. :o

If you dont want to take part in them, ignore them, thats what I do, but be aware that there are other people on this board who do want to discuss bargirls and if the mods allow it then thats fine by me.