Thai PM threatens to bar Yingluck from travelling abroad

Lite Beer

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You must love and adore dear leader or else. The slightest drop in admiration or lust for him will be bad for you. He must be obeyed and worshipped 24/7 as he demands total respect.[/quote)

The term "dear leader"used to describe the nth korean despot is hardly appropriate here. I note that you use it repeatedly in the vein of the true propagandist in the hope that it will catch on. Not much luck so far. Most posters, even the pro taksin brigade, would not accept any likenesses between these two.

l would really like you to point out any similarities in methods or honest goals the two may have with regards to the betterment of their people. Facts not words please.

Edited by paymaster

Correction she stood down from office and under the constitution called a general election to let the people decide.

Sutep and his mob denied the people of Thailand and the military stood by and done nothing.

We were later to find out by the people champion big mouth that he and the general had been planning the coup for months.

Anyway it's being reported in the BP that a prdc supporter has been arrested for distributing anti coup material near victory monument.

The juntas attitude adjustment is not having the desired effect outside TVF but on here the miniorty of its supporters have swallowed hook line and sinker .

Actually, it wasn't a PDRC supporter. He admitted going to protests to gather information which is why he had the PDRC t-shirts.

Gathering information whatever that means.

He's been rounded up and arrested for disturbing anti coup leaflets under martial law.

He could be anywhere now and no doubt getting his attitude adjustment.

Yep go ahead support that!

He's going to be fined 2000 baht for each leaflet he dropped.

Correction she stood down from office and under the constitution called a general election to let the people decide.

Sutep and his mob denied the people of Thailand and the military stood by and done nothing.

We were later to find out by the people champion big mouth that he and the general had been planning the coup for months.

Anyway it's being reported in the BP that a prdc supporter has been arrested for distributing anti coup material near victory monument.

The juntas attitude adjustment is not having the desired effect outside TVF but on here the miniorty of its supporters have swallowed hook line and sinker .

Actually, it wasn't a PDRC supporter. He admitted going to protests to gather information which is why he had the PDRC t-shirts.

Yeah right, just to "gather information". Sounds like a paedo who when confronted by the cops with his online activities claims it was just "research".By the same token the stash of billions of Baht found with Pongpat and friends were just being retained in an "evidence room" in anticipation of dealing with the real culprits.

Pure balderdash

Yeah right, just to "gather information". Sounds like a paedo who when confronted by the cops with his online activities claims it was just "research".By the same token the stash of billions of Baht found with Pongpat and friends were just being retained in an "evidence room" in anticipation of dealing with the real culprits.

Pure balderdash

Either ...

a PDRC supporter has gone fully anti-coup,

Or

someone that was anti-PDRC and is anti-coup went to the PDRC protests to gather information.

Which one is more likely?

The consumer price index was also pretty stationary right up until the protests started, you can hardly blame yingluck for the massive increases in prices the forced take over has caused through global insecurity of Thailand. There would have been no rice fiasco if it weren't for the protests which caused china to back out of the biggest rice deal Thailand had ever had.

"caused china to back out of the biggest rice deal Thailand had ever had."

You believed that? cheesy.gifclap2.gif

Ex-commerce ministers secretary faces charges over fake G-to-G rice deals

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/757870-ex-commerce-ministers-secretary-faces-charges-over-fake-g-to-g-rice-deals/

Oh, the fake 7.3million ton deal by the police man? And what about the real 22 million ton deal that the government lost?

China were going to buy Thailand's entire rice stock??

No, it was going to be spaced over a few years.

Oh, the fake 7.3million ton deal by the police man? And what about the real 22 million ton deal that the government lost?

22 years?

China agrees to buy 1 million tonnes of rice in one year

(November 2013)

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/china-agrees-buy-1-million-tonnes-rice-one-year

• Like 2

You must love and adore dear leader or else. The slightest drop in admiration or lust for him will be bad for you. He must be obeyed and worshipped 24/7 as he demands total respect.[/quot

The term "dear leader"used to describe the nth korean despot is hardly appropriate here. I note that you use it repeatedly in the vein of the true propagandist in the hope that it will catch on. Not much luck so far. Most posters, even the pro taksin brigade, would not accept any likenesses between these two.

l would really like you to point out any similarities in methods or honest goals the two may have with regards to the betterment of their people. Facts not words please.

You make little observational sense.

The leaders in both countries censor the media

The leaders in both countries enjoy power without harsh criticism which is illegal

Their power is not installed by democratic means.

Both claim to be wildly popular in the 90% range plus

Both make protests illegal

Both have rewritten history

And finally for this very short list both talk about attitude adjustments and reeducation of the slightest criticism.

Fear is indeed very much the mantra of both.

""dear leader "' dare we address him as anything else ?

Enjoys his own TV show weekly - where he enlightens the masses .

Some might call this propaganda -

Others something else

But make no mistake the writer who compares the leaders of both Nations is not far fetched local ABC radio did so two days ago.

You can pretend all you want here won't change truth

You missed the point of the comment. I am not denying that a coup has taken place or that there are some unsavory results that stem from it.

You could have listed both have dark hair and both are Asian. I asked about goals for the betterment of their people which you carefully avoid. I raised the point of an unfair comprison between the two because it is just that. Uncles and close family murdered because of political threat, the supression of a nation to the point of starvation, despotic use of nuclear threat. You know the point I was making and yet deliberately attempt to circumvent it. Who is pretending to whom. ABC indeed. Which one?

"We have clear rules. If something triggers chaos or unrest we have measures"

Well isn't a coup a trigger for ..chaos and unrest. hmmmmm. He triggered the coup, declared himself almost god

He should arrest himself.... I do not think he got to be chief of the army on IQ potential

Since that trigger has been pulled, where is the chaos and unrest? Haven't the nightly shootings and bombings stopped, the calls for a separate state disappeared, and the protesters and anti-protesters returned to their homes?

wow, an amazing junta ...

CheerLeader1.gif

did you grow up under a ictatorship and now find Thailand with no self-governance, no human rights protections, no freedom of expression, no political freedom, arbitrary arrests and detentions, military kangaroo courts, revisionist history, and full-on media censorship 'just like home'?

Which of the above constitute "chaos and unrest"?

I love the "Give me freedom or give me death" brigade if only for amusement, but most people will choose limitations to freedom if it removes the threat of violence and being killed for opposing a criminal regime.

Edited by halloween

"We have clear rules. If something triggers chaos or unrest we have measures"

Well isn't a coup a trigger for ..chaos and unrest. hmmmmm. He triggered the coup, declared himself almost god

He should arrest himself.... I do not think he got to be chief of the army on IQ potential

Since that trigger has been pulled, where is the chaos and unrest? Haven't the nightly shootings and bombings stopped, the calls for a separate state disappeared, and the protesters and anti-protesters returned to their homes?

CheerLeader1.gif

did you grow up under a ictatorship and now find Thailand with no self-governance, no human rights protections, no freedom of expression, no political freedom, arbitrary arrests and detentions, military kangaroo courts, revisionist history, and full-on media censorship 'just like home'?

I love the "Give me freedom or give me death" brigade if only for amusement, but most people will choose limitations to freedom if it removes the threat of violence and being killed for opposing a criminal regime.

so you mean to say that it is 'just like home'. Where was that?

"Who pointed the gun at her?" - If Prayut doesn't know, we've all got problems...

She removed herself from office when she dissolved Parliament. No?

No. That was an olive branch that she didn't have to extend. She effectively neutralized her office (a huge distinction from "removing" herself from it) in an effort to prevent impending bloodshed. She has been the duly elected and constitutionally vindicated prime minister since her election in 2011. The fact a vast number of individuals on this site have virtually no understanding concerning the binding nature of constitutions/elections, political cum societal evolution, and habitually wield visceral hatred against people and circumstances of which they have no first hand knowledge, does not now, nor will it ever, change this fact. This is not our land. The Thai people deserve better. The military did nothing to defend this land's government during a blatant insurrection, demonstrating what even a teabagger/ukipper could apprehend. There will likely never be relief for the Thai "commoner." That is an actual crime, and one of epic proportions.

You make her sound like a heroine. Save your breath, and your time. History will tell you where the likes of Yingluck end up.

"Who pointed the gun at her?" - If Prayut doesn't know, we've all got problems...

There is no legal or automatic connection in the countries I've looked into between the dissolution of a parliament and the continuance of a Cabinet and a government. In fact, there's no requirement in the definition of a Prime Minister that a Prime Minister even be a member of parliament. Thus, Yingluk was still the Prime Minister when she dissolved parliament. Yes?

Nope. She was caretaker PM

22 years?

China agrees to buy 1 million tonnes of rice in one year

(November 2013)

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/china-agrees-buy-1-million-tonnes-rice-one-year

I am sorry, I misread it. It was 220,000 tonnes per year for 5 years, totaling about 1.2 million tonnes. My mistake.

• Like 2

This guy lets himself get distracted or influenced by poor advice. What should have been said : "Of course Khun Yingluck is entitled to express her opinion. However, my only interest is in the future direction of Thailand, not the past. Next.". Veiled and actual threats only serve to make him look like a bully and I'm sure that's not the image he wishes to portray.

• Like 1

To be honest I don't know whether Yingluck was good or bad, or her brother. I see hostile comments from people here, talk to people in Korat some say ok some say not. I know people in Nong Khai who think she was wonderful but whatever the case, good or bad, surely there are certain rules.

This country is supposed to be a democracy and therefore you cannot ban foreign travel for individuals except in cases of serious threat to this or another country. I understand the reasons for the coup and it has quietened things down but Does the general now consider himself above the law that he can make that decision? Is he just going to make his own laws based on whatever personal fears he may have, because he is clearly terrified of her influence.?

If he does then Thailand is on it's way towards a total military dictatorship similar to that they spent so many years criticising in Burma.

It is not the way to deal with it.

What with the coup, Koh Tao and other unexplained deaths, the cases of corrupt police, Thailand is taking a hammering at the moment. This just adds fuel to the fire for those of a mind to create problems.

The general is an army man not a politician and maybe he needs some individual non-affiliated advice to help him make a success of this transition we are in but he won't do it by bullying he will just further deepen rifts that are already a chasm in some places.

As I have said here before this is a wonderful country to live, with in the main lovely people, but it needs to be sorted out but not by threats by diplomacy, reason and common sense, giving consideration to all sides of the argument.

If he is worried that the Shinawatra clan will win any new election, which he clearly is, then he must win the minds and therefore the support of those likely to vote for them.

He will only do that with consideration and concern for the people

I wish him luck. He has a big job on his hands.

To be honest I don't know whether Yingluck was good or bad, or her brother. I see hostile comments from people here, talk to people in Korat some say ok some say not. I know people in Nong Khai who think she was wonderful but whatever the case, good or bad, surely there are certain rules.

This country is supposed to be a democracy and therefore you cannot ban foreign travel for individuals except in cases of serious threat to this or another country. I understand the reasons for the coup and it has quietened things down but Does the general now consider himself above the law that he can make that decision? Is he just going to make his own laws based on whatever personal fears he may have, because he is clearly terrified of her influence.?

If he does then Thailand is on it's way towards a total military dictatorship similar to that they spent so many years criticising in Burma.

What with the coup, Koh Tao and other unexplained deaths, the cases of corrupt police, Thailand is taking a hammering at the moment. This just adds fuel to the fire for those of a mind to create problems.

The general is an army man not a politician and maybe he needs some individual non-affiliated advice to help him make a success of this transition we are in but he won't do it by bullying he will just further deepen rifts that are already a chasm in some places.

As I have said here before this is a wonderful country to live, with in the main lovely people, but it needs to be sorted out but not by threats by diplomacy, reason and common sense, giving consideration to all sides of the argument.

If he is worried that the Shinawatra clan will win any new election, which he clearly is, then he must win the minds and therefore the support of those likely to vote for them.

What do you mean by "supposed to be a democracy"? This country in under marshal law, no democracy here, not until next year. They can legally do what ever they want.

By the way, the Shinawatra clan were not all good but they were also not all bad. They made a great deal of social reforms, the first to successfully do this for many of the people of Thailand, hence why they are so popular. The descendents of indentured workers given for the first time in their history, free education, healthcare, communication and transport infrastructure and access to business loans. Unfortunately they also successfully lined their own pockets to the max, and that is where all the criticism lies. I have not met many who, even though in support of their party, truly believe that they are all good, they tend to just feel that they were more on their side than the others.

• Like 1

"This country is supposed to be a democracy and therefore you cannot ban foreign travel for individuals except in cases of serious threat to this or another country."

I'm not sure what democracy has to do with banning foreign travel. A lot of "democratic" countries ban travel for really mundane reasons.

Besides that, in case you haven't heard, there was a coup. There is a self appointed PM in charge. This is not currently a democracy. The General does consider himself above the law. He CAN make his own laws. A lot of people would suggest that it already is a total military ictatorship (deliberately misspelled as per "forum rules" whistling.gif ).

The General is an army man, and he is not trying to be a politician. Some suggest that that's what he will do, but IMO he won't. There won't be anyone voting for them.

No. That was an olive branch that she didn't have to extend. She effectively neutralized her office (a huge distinction from "removing" herself from it) in an effort to prevent impending bloodshed. She has been the duly elected and constitutionally vindicated prime minister since her election in 2011. The fact a vast number of individuals on this site have virtually no understanding concerning the binding nature of constitutions/elections, political cum societal evolution, and habitually wield visceral hatred against people and circumstances of which they have no first hand knowledge, does not now, nor will it ever, change this fact. This is not our land. The Thai people deserve better. The military did nothing to defend this land's government during a blatant insurrection, demonstrating what even a teabagger/ukipper could apprehend. There will likely never be relief for the Thai "commoner." That is an actual crime, and one of epic proportions.

You make her sound like a heroine. Save your breath, and your time. History will tell you where the likes of Yingluck end up.

No need to wait for history, just the next election.

• Like 1

She's using a figure of speech.She is not saying that a real gun was pointed at her. What is with some of you people.

How many Thai "up country" people do you think understand the difference between a figure of speech and speaking literally?

My mother in law still refuses to accept Yingluck could possible have done anything wrong. Father in law and rest of family now just shake their heads knowingly. Not her fault - she simply can't understand the political machinations and complexities and has had years of "Thaksin and Shins good, others bad" drummed into her by red shirts, red radio, village headman, etc. Many of the intended audience of this article will be the same. It puts a picture of poor brave Yingluck being forcibly removed from office under armed threat whilst she was valiantly trying to keep in control. And yes, some will be naive enough to believe it.

That's hardly the point is it. Here we have a supposedly educated General who appointed himself PM pretending ( I can only hope he is) to not know that Yingluck was using a metaphor.

Prayut hit out at her remarks, saying to reporters: "Who pointed the gun at her?"

That is disingenuous at best but otherwise a patronising remark aimed at reporters who do know what is a metaphor and what isn't. If O'cha come across without his trademark defensive approach to what he regards as criticism he might be taken a bit more seriously by those who still have enough braincells to see through the hagiographic haze...............................but I don't hold out much hope coffee1.gif

Most Thais I know, which includes a large number of very well educated University professors, don't use metaphors as we in the West are prone to. In fact, most Asians I know don't. The well educated ones know exactly what metaphors, similes and figures of speech are. But, I rarely if ever hear them use such.

Whether Yingluck actually said these words or not, the reporting is a thinly veiled exercised in portraying her been forced from office under threat of force. When in fact she wasn't.

Unfortunately the news media in many countries now indulge in these blatant propaganda stories aimed at "painting a picture" they want the reader to believe, real or not. Like you refer to " supposedly educated General who appointed himself PM" or my referring to Yingluck as the previous PM appointed by her criminal fugitive brother and self appointed DM and rice policy committee chair.

Thais will and do react differently to criticism - look at the over reaction to cartoons or remarks made about Yingluck and the resultant threats issued by Tarit etc.

Write out election and he will see the will of Thais and how quickly he can get locked same like the rest there not follow the law

But he will never see the light he should respected the people instead of saying they are happy an turn himself in

CheerLeader1.gif

so you mean to say that it is 'just like home'. Where was that?

No, the political parties don't have armed militias in Oz.

BTW Thailand is my home.

If they harm her - or jail her - it will further internationally hurt their cause, not to mention inflame the political scene in Thailand .

Why they continue to shoot themselves in the foot is anyones guess, but it shows a very high degree of inexperience in such affairs

You reckon?

If she is tried, convicted and jailed I doubt the international community would giver a toss. She isn't some crusading politician whose been fighting for democracy and corruption for years - nothing like.

The real international community - the diplomats - know exactly what she is and what her brother and family represent; and it ain't the Thai people. Have you noticed, even though they call for a return to democracy, not one has ever called for the return of the Shin clan.

Don't believe the drivel written by fawning journalists who wander about red villages looking for honest unbiased comments.

• Like 2