Thai Police chief plays down more arrest of CIB bribery gang

webfact

Police chief plays down more arrest of CIB bribery gang

26-11-2557-11-30-56-wpcf_728x406.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Royal Thai Police commissioner Pol Gen Somyot Phumpanmuang played down news of the mass arrest of police officers under the command of the former Central Investigation Bureau (CIB) commissioner, saying so far no warrant of arrest was sought yet.

The police chief’s reaction to the news of mass arrest of police involved in the bribery gang headed by the former commissioner Pol Lt-Gen Pongpat Chayaphan came after local dailies that more than 30 CIB officers are facing arrests.

Pol Gen Somyot said no further arrest was made yet as police are still conducting investigation and find evidence.

However if evidence received implicated any officer, then he will face questioning, he said.

He admitted that investigators are expanding their investigation.

Meanwhile police searched two guesthouses reported to belong to the former CIB commissioner. Security safes were also found.

(Photo : Thai PBS File)

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/police-chief-plays-arrest-cib-bribery-gang

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-11-26

• Like 1

... if evidence received implicated any officer, then he will face questioning ...

Should read:

... if evidence received implicated any officer, then he will face questioning, given a stern telling off for not hiding his tracks better, receive additional training in asset concealment (kindly sponsored by Khun Thaksin), and finally pay a fine to be let off the charges and be moved to an inactive post temporarily where the officer can continue doing as they did before, just with new victims ...

• Like 2

So it is clearly like the PM said, the justice process will go its NORMAL way.

Yes, it will go it's normal way and the perpetrators will be prosecuted.

All this has happened during the Yingluck administration and before.

So, well done to this PM for sorting these scum out and bringing them to justice.

Some of you, please, open your eyes and realize that a new era has come across Thailand.

Hope with all my heart it will continue and I can't see why not.

I do trust this administration and believe to their intentions and capabilities.

Talking about open your eyes, you should see that the writing is on the wall already, that the only one who will take the blame is the guy who jumped to his death.

Nothing to do with corruption. wai2.gifwai.gif

A political purge.

This had everything to do with corruption. The scale and reach was massive. Some were loyal to the previous government, but that doesn't mean this wasn't a good bust. With the top cop gone and this guy, the head of this corrupt snake might have been cut off???? Only time will tell. But this was impressive.

• Like 1

Nothing to do with corruption. wai2.gifwai.gif

A political purge.

This had everything to do with corruption. The scale and reach was massive. Some were loyal to the previous government, but that doesn't mean this wasn't a good bust. With the top cop gone and this guy, the head of this corrupt snake might have been cut off???? Only time will tell. But this was impressive.

Simple turf war.

Check BP "inactive posts" story.

thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

So, well done to this PM for sorting these scum out and bringing them to justice.

Some of you, please, open your eyes and realize that a new era has come across Thailand.

I do trust this administration and believe to their intentions and capabilities.

While I hope for the same outcome as you. Until these police are locked away, it would not be accurate to say they have been 'brought to justice' just yet.

I'm reserving judgement until then.

Still waiting for the punchline.

BP is saying five more ppl have been arrested including three more members of Pongpats family - Nathapol, Sitthisak and Narong Akharaphongpreecha - who have a more recognisable surname that him.

Your trust and 100 baht will get you a beer and panang moo, or a traffic infraction overlooked.

Siren, siren - cover-up alert.

Obviously this is getting too close to home for certain people - and so is being closed down.

Only those too close to the last government can be targeted perhaps? While they are no doubt guilty as sin, what about the rest?

Edited by laocowboy2
  • Like 1