Daily Yoga in Bangkok?

rideswings

I may be able to help, but when you say Phra Khanong, do you mean district or BTS station. Phra Khanong BTS station is in a sub district of Wattana. You mention On Nut and Ram which makes me think you are some where up Pridi Banomyong Rd. What's your mode of transportation? What time of day do you want to practice? How much do you want to pay? What type of Yoga do you want to practice? Can you speak or understand Thai? Yoga in Bangkok can be expensive but there are some good studio's with reasonable prices too.

I may be able to help, but when you say Phra Khanong, do you mean district or BTS station. Phra Khanong BTS station is in a sub district of Wattana. You mention On Nut and Ram which makes me think you are some where up Pridi Banomyong Rd. What's your mode of transportation? What time of day do you want to practice? How much do you want to pay? What type of Yoga do you want to practice? Can you speak or understand Thai? Yoga in Bangkok can be expensive but there are some good studio's with reasonable prices too.

Hi JuliaB. I meant Phra Khanong BTS, yes near Pridi. I have a motorbike or could take a taxi.

I am open to practice during the day up until 5pm, preferably between 12 and 5. I could pay 200 baht or more per hour depending on whether its a class or private lesson. Im not rich! haha

I dont speak or understand Thai.

Thanks for your help.

You may find you have a couple of problems.

1. Pridi Banomyong is not a hot bed of Yoga like Thonglor, Asok or Silom/Sathorn. Your choices are limited.

2. In Bangkok drop in classes at most studio's start around 500 baht and go up. Privates classes start at a 1000, I know one woman that charges 2500 Baht.

3. Noon until 5 can be a dead zone for a lot of studio's. Early morning, mid morning and then after 5 seem to be the most common class times.

I just came home from my daily yoga class. I practice mostly at Yogatique Bangkok on Sukhumvit Soi 23. They have a class everyday at 2:00 pm. One of the owners told me this morning that the 10 class pass is on sale for 2000 Baht. It is valid for 60 days. This fits your budget but may be farther than you want to travel.

Hope this helps

If you are a beginner and you have past injuries or maybe your getting a little older, you might want to try Iyengar Yoga. They are all about safety and alignment. Lots of props are used, some say to many. Fifty Fifth plaza is where the Iyengar Studio is located. Dharma Yoga at Area 10 on Thonglor Soi 10 is a nice little studio too.