Crazy thai man came to my house

maanoi

Random Thai story. Not really looking for any advice. Just sharring a weird event.

So this morning I wake up at like 9am, straight away I can hear some guy calling out in Thai. I didn't take much notice and assumed it was the neighbors. I lay in bed for another hour, get up feed the dogs take a shower. By now its 10.30 and he's still yelling.

I start to wonder what the hell is going on. The gf can't understand what he's saying. We both figure its the neighbors or workers in the rice field.

Another half hour goes by and I'm doing some laundry outside. Then I see some guy looking over my fence. It's a high fence so he using a ladder. I didn't notice him earlier because the fence is a good 20-25m away from the house, and there, s a bunch of trees on either side.

He's barking something in Thai so I get the gf. Apparently he wants to be payed in advance for cutting the grass!!

I've never seen this guy before so why he thinks I'd pay him in advance for anything is hilarious.

I already have someone who cuts the grass. They are employed by the house owner and he pays them directly. My only dealing with them is to open the gate when they arrive.

The gf politely tells him to get lost, which he does for 10 mins, then he's back asking for the house owners phone number....She tells him to leave again which he does.

The gf talks to the village leader who knows the guy. He says he's unemployed, broke and has already sold all his possessions. He said don't pay him anything or he will be like a cat and will keep coming back.

So he's gone now but I'm kind of worried that he's pissed off / sick in the head and may break in and steal my stuff.

Sure are some weird people around.

call the army .... get the gf to explain the situation ..... after that he will disappear forever ...whistling.gif

One track mind.

My advice, get over it.

They are here to stay, for the good of the countrythumbsup.gif

I like the army ...... just wish they'd get rid of the jet ski scammers ...thumbsup.gif

how's your chicken coop coming along ... giggle.gif

call the army .... get the gf to explain the situation ..... after that he will disappear forever ...whistling.gif

One track mind.

My advice, get over it.

You're obviously talking about gardeners, right?

One track mind.

My advice, get over it.

I like the army ...... just wish they'd get rid of the jet ski scammers ...thumbsup.gif

how's your chicken coop coming along ... giggle.gif

I also had trouble in my Mooban

My landlord went to the police,they would not budge... or need more money (we already paid them and their service was a joke).

He went to the army they would not budge either.

Thai people are left to deal with their own security problem these days

One track mind.

My advice, get over it.

You're obviously talking about gardeners, right?

I wasn't sure either......?? Is Costas talking about the Army or the Thai person with his hand out asking the farang for money for doing nothing? Could be either really!

• Like 1

Quick update.

I just got home and he's already cut the grass outside of my gate! There's a small area maybe 1.5m x 10m outside the gate which to be fair was fairly overgrown. This is meant to be cut by my regular gardeners, but for whatever reason last time they came they didn't do it.

He's actually done a pretty good job, much better than my gardener does.

I'm thinking just give him 100B for that and stress that he's not to do it again.

who let the dogs out...

btw dont be so lazy cut the grass by yourself and spent the 100 bucks on beer afterwards as an reward...can't wait until the grass is tall enough to cut it again....

Bugger that..it's almost 2 rai. Takes 2 people 3-4 hours as is!

Also it's included in the rent....

who let the dogs out...

btw dont be so lazy cut the grass by yourself and spent the 100 bucks on beer afterwards as an reward...can't wait until the grass is tall enough to cut it again....

Bugger that..it's almost 2 rai. Takes 2 people 3-4 hours as is!

Also it's included in the rent....

though according to my calculation and (private )work ethics one person(/me) 3 hours a day one week and a case of Leo...sounds great if i would be retired...

Had people try to break into my home once and also had many Thais driving past looking suspicious. Thai police said get a dog. I got a dog and they were right, no one got near my place. The secret is to get a big <deleted>@king dog with big <deleted>@king teeth. :)

• Like 1

Quick update.

I just got home and he's already cut the grass outside of my gate! There's a small area maybe 1.5m x 10m outside the gate which to be fair was fairly overgrown. This is meant to be cut by my regular gardeners, but for whatever reason last time they came they didn't do it.

He's actually done a pretty good job, much better than my gardener does.

I'm thinking just give him 100B for that and stress that he's not to do it again.

5555,he'll be back,as sure as the sun rises tomorrow.100B,that's 4 hours work out my way.

Edited by louse1953

Had people try to break into my home once and also had many Thais driving past looking suspicious. Thai police said get a dog. I got a dog and they were right, no one got near my place. The secret is to get a big <deleted>@king dog with big <deleted>@king teeth. smile.png

you're lucky. I had around 20 dogs already, they all got poisoned

Had people try to break into my home once and also had many Thais driving past looking suspicious. Thai police said get a dog. I got a dog and they were right, no one got near my place. The secret is to get a big <deleted>@king dog with big <deleted>@king teeth. smile.png

Me too. My two dogs poisoned. The suspicions are that the local Muzzies did it, but who knows unless you actually see them?

Me too. My two dogs poisoned. The suspicions are that the local Muzzies did it, but who knows unless you actually see them?

even if you see them, what do you think to do?

even if you see them, what do you think to do?

Good question! Simple answer though, at the time my next door neighbour was chief of the marine police so I would (well my missus would have) called him. It was his theory about the muzzies to start! No point me playing the hero when I had a neighbour like that especially as he really liked me and the wife - we used to help look after his 12 year old daughter now and then as he is a single parent and he appreciated it all. Great neighbour, lots of free (confiscated) fish!!

You gotta train them not to eat what people other then you give them!

You wake at 9:00, stay in bed for another hour or so ? You have a medical condition or just lazy ?

Just wondering.

Cheers..... Mal.

If those are the only 2 reasons you can think of for staying in bed after waking up I feel sorry for you.