Any Thailand share pay dividend in dicember?

Lot of good info on SET's website. The stock calendar shows various corporate actions including xd dates.

http://www.set.or.th/set/xcalendar.do?eventType=&index=2&language=en&country=US

The periods between xd and payment date vary, so some of the ones going xd in Dec won't pay in Dec, but later. If you click on the ticker from the calendar it gives a few more details, including xd date, payment date, full name etc.

Cheers

Fletch :)

• Like 1

BTSGIF is a good long term sure bet giving a 6-7% dividend payable in March, June, Sept and December. It also usually holds its price when it goes Ex-Dividend. 80% of shares tend to drop on the ex-div day by the amount of the dividend. Therefore if the share price is 10.20 and the div is 0.20 the price will drop to 10.00. Since you pay 10% tax on the 0.20 dividend you will receive B0.18. For the majority of shares it is best to sell when the share price peaks just before the dividend as you are actually taking the dividend free of tax since there is no capital gains tax here. You then buy back on the dip and wait for the share price to rise again which it usually does.

As the previous poster suggested, go to the SET web site for all the info and analysts concensus.

• Like 2

thank you very much for the usefull replay.

The calendar was very helpfull. I also like BTSGIF.

Actually my idea is to buy 3-4 stock that can provide a dividend Yeld at least of 5%. BTSGIF look good for my plan.

Anybody know this one? The dividend Yield look really high. Thanks

http://marketdata.set.or.th/mkt/stockquotation.do?symbol=WHAPF&language=en&country=US

or do you have any share to suggest that pay every year a good dividend?

Thanks

http://www.fsct.com/english/

Cooperative Savings for teacher pay in January. This is the biggest fund in Thailand.

:-)

do you have a link? i try to look in the internet but i am not sure the one you refer. Thank you

Do you know the fund for all teacher in Thailand. Since I was remember things my parents got dividend every year in Jan. My dad friend got 3millions baht/year but her deposit is around 30-40millions. Not sure if its the same but every provinces much had one the office branch. Link above.

:-)

BTSGIF is a good long term sure bet giving a 6-7% dividend payable in March, June, Sept and December. It also usually holds its price when it goes Ex-Dividend. 80% of shares tend to drop on the ex-div day by the amount of the dividend. Therefore if the share price is 10.20 and the div is 0.20 the price will drop to 10.00. Since you pay 10% tax on the 0.20 dividend you will receive B0.18. For the majority of shares it is best to sell when the share price peaks just before the dividend as you are actually taking the dividend free of tax since there is no capital gains tax here. You then buy back on the dip and wait for the share price to rise again which it usually does.

As the previous poster suggested, go to the SET web site for all the info and analysts concensus.

I think if you compare 10% tax on a 6% dividend with the fees for selling and buying back the share, it more or less evens out. Further, as the dividend for most of these funds is quarterly or semi annually, then you will have to sell and buy back several times per year and the total fees will then be much higher than the money you save in tax.

Edited by monkeycountry

I think if you compare 10% tax on a 6% dividend with the fees for selling and buying back the share, it more or less evens out. Further, as the dividend for most of these funds is quarterly or semi annually, then you will have to sell and buy back several times per year and the total fees will then be much higher than the money you save in tax.

You both are forgetting that thai dividends mostly come with tax credits. A 6% dividend is equivalent to a 7.5% dividend pre tax in many cases. Then depending up your tax rate you can get the 1.5% difference (plus the withholding tax) or a part thereof refunded.

You both are forgetting that thai dividends mostly come with tax credits. A 6% dividend is equivalent to a 7.5% dividend pre tax in many cases. Then depending up your tax rate you can get the 1.5% difference (plus the withholding tax) or a part thereof refunded.

Regarding the 10% tax, which is withholding tax, then yes, you can get it back in principle. However, if you choose to do so, all your dividend income will be included in your personal income tax calculation, so for many people it is cheaper to just pay the 10%. If your total income taxable in Thailand is relatively low, or you are excempt from paying tax in Thailand, then yes, it makes sense to get the 10% withholding tax back.

As for the tax credits I must admit I do not know what you are talking about? Please explain. are you referring to the LTF and RMF programmes?

Edited by monkeycountry

eral times per year and the total fees will then be much higher than the money you save in tax.

Regarding the 10% tax, which is withholding tax, then yes, you can get it back in principle. However, if you choose to do so, all your dividend income will be included in your personal income tax calculation, so for many people it is cheaper to just pay the 10%. If your total income taxable in Thailand is relatively low, or you are excempt from paying tax in Thailand, then yes, it makes sense to get the 10% withholding tax back.

As for the tax credits I must admit I do not know what you are talking about? Please explain. are you referring to the LTF and RMF programmes?

No, if you look at the dividend statement, it will show you the rate of corporate tax paid already.

For example, you get paid a dividend of 80 baht after withholding tax you will receive 73 baht.

However if the company paid tax at the rate of 20%. Then you will also get a credit for the 20 baht corporate tax.....(some companies even have 30% tax credits)

So when filing taxes you will get a total tax credit for 27 baht (20bt + 7 bt wht). The amount you get returned after filing depends upon your marginal tax bracket.

This is much greater than just the 7bt withholding tax and it varies according to your tax bracket.

But if your income is less than 1 million baht it is well worth it. Or if your income is higher you will still get a smaller return, but it is possible to put the dividends into a spouses name and file seperate returns to maximise the return.

I suggest you speak to a thai tax accountant or at least see the revenue dept staff who will advise you about including dividends in your annual personal tax return if you have any.

Note: this only applies if you own the actual shares, not NVDRs which are not truly shares. NVDRs only allow for the 10% w/h tax credit.

Edited by Time Traveller