Meaning of phrase

MZurf

One phrase that pops up every once in a while is:

Naakyet. What does it mean (I only know it has negative connotations)?

I know the meaning of kickyet (everyone who has ever spent more than two weeks in Thailand knows that word. IMHO it's a central part of "Thainess"rolleyes.gif ), and there's several other xxxkyet phrases that I cannot remember at the moment.

Could any of the gurus please explain?

Hmmm.....I think he's spelling the word ("yet") somewhat correctly in English; however, it's a rather vile word and should never be used by a falang as, in some situations, the falang might end up needing a ride to a hospital or crematory.

I've spent more than two weeks in Thailand and I have never heard either word! Can it be written in Thai?

Edit: Everybody but me knows what does 'kick yet' means so tell us.

Lazy.
I would write that: ขี้เกียจ sorry the <deleted> predictive text refuses to let me write, 'k i g i a t' (That was difficult even with spaces!) It means kiat Craan- Not wanting to work. na gliat is the other word I guess but you only need gloat เกลียด, meaning that you don't like a person so much that you don't want to be in their company.

ugly adj. (displeasing) = น่าเกลียด nâa-​glìiat
lazy adj. = ขี้เกียจ kîi-​gìiat

if all users of the forum could conform to writing transliterations in this style, along with the real THAI writing it could prove to be most beneficial.

One thing that i think causes SERIOUS problems for beginners is the inability or difficulty getting their heads around english writing of Thai words.

Edited by Baa_Mango
  • Like 1