Thailand permanent resident permit PR requirements HELP!

http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/doc/residence/quota_detail_en.pdf

Guyz look this is official immigration website and here is residence quota details.

I want to point out only this: 1.2 has personal qualifications that fit one of the following categories:

(1) Investment category

(2) Working/Business category

(3) Humanity Reasons category: he/she must have relationship with a Thai citizen or an alien who already possessed residence

permit as the followings:

1) A legal husband or wife.

2) A legal father or mother.

3) A child who is under 20 years of age up to the application submission date and must be single.

(4) Expert category

(5) Extra circumstances on a case by case basis (For more information please access to

It's Clearly says that has personal Qualifications that "FIT ONE OF THE FOLLOWING" categories:

my category is number (3) Which is humanity resons category i know some of you got PR but base on working/business and for that you need income tax receipts and show your monthly income etc etc. Well i am planning to visit immigration office within 2-3 days and will update here whether i can apply for PR without having work permit and business and income tax receipts.

Best to read this. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/doc/residence/residence_th_sponser_en.pdf

"DOCUMENTS REQUIRED WHEN APPLYING FOR A RESIDENCE PERMIT (December 2009)

IN THE CATEGORY OF SUPPORTING THAI CITIZEN OR BEING SUPPORTED BY THAI CITIZEN

(HUSBAND-WIFE, FATHER-MOTHER, OR CHILDREN WHO IS UNDER 20 YEARS OF AGE AND SINGLE)"

"7. The letter of employment history from Office of Foreign Workers Administration (Work Permit), Department of Employment Library (download at

www.immigration.go.th Applying for a residents visa in Thailand) and copy of all of the supporters work permit(s) (every single page that

contains information)

8. The employment certification letter from the supporters work place which is signed by the companys authorized person (as per the official form)

required last 2 years (download at www.immigration.go.th Applying for a residents visa in Thailand) and employment application with

employment agreement (if any)

9. Copy of the supporters annual personal income tax form (por ngor dor 91 or 90) with receipts for the previous 3 years prior to the application

submission year and a copy of the filed personal income tax returns e.g. P.N.D.50 which must be officially certified by the revenue officers

10.Copy of the supporters monthly income tax form (por ngor dor 1) with receipts from the beginning of the year of application submission

(January) until the previous month of application submission which must be officially certified by the revenue officers"

Thank's So much for the help! Now i got all the information and idea how to deal with it. Now it's time to find some work/job and wait until everything is okay smile.png

with a Thai wife and child once you meet the employment requirements you can bypass the PR and apply straight for citizenship..

• 2 weeks later...

Friends,

1) I am almost done with documents preparation for Thai PR application, Did the immigration announced period of application submission for 2014?

2) Just saw some comments kinda 'getting citizenship is much easier' is it so?

There will not be an application period this year, just as there were no applications accepted in 2010.

I run a business services company, and my staff liaison worker who deals with Immigration, confirmed this situation with the appropriate officials at that location.

MS

There has not been an annoucement yet.

If you are married to a Thai national, I would try for Thai nationality instead of PR. It is at least not much more difficult and you can apply all year round.

Thanks Mario, Yes, I am married to a Thai, I am an Indian citizen and India won't allow dual citizenship, I need to surrender Indian passport for that. Patriotism pulls a bit !

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Friends,

1) I am almost done with documents preparation for Thai PR application, Did the immigration announced period of application submission for 2014?

2) Just saw some comments kinda 'getting citizenship is much easier' is it so?

There will not be an application period this year, just as there were no applications accepted in 2010.

I run a business services company, and my staff liaison worker who deals with Immigration, confirmed this situation with the appropriate officials at that location.

MS

Dear Ms, Thanks for the info. I personally met the immigration officer handling PR applications the other day, What she told is this year it might be delayed, recommended to be ready with the documents. Anyway let me wait and see !

RajeshNL - Possibly you met with Phu Gong Nid, the head of the PR section. She indicated that there is no longer any official at Ministry of Interior that has authority to either approve existing applications, or publish the order to open up a new application window. So - nothing proceeds.

MS

Dear MS, Thanks, another option left with is direct citizenship application, Charity donations where to give? Donations to the schools and temples are acceptable? though never kept the records ! May start keep the records and apply a year or two later, any suggestions?

Dear MS, Thanks, another option left with is direct citizenship application, Charity donations where to give? Donations to the schools and temples are acceptable? though never kept the records ! May start keep the records and apply a year or two later, any suggestions?

I would think that if you explain the situation at your local temple they might offer you a couple of backdated receipts. In exchange for the appropriate donation, of course.

I would think that if you explain the situation at your local temple they might offer you a couple of backdated receipts. In exchange for the appropriate donation, of course.

are you implying he should ask the temple to lie for money?

this country makes me lol sometimes