Legal question, condo parking lot.

PingandSingh

A while ago I bought a condo in a condo complex with parking lots in the shade and in the sun.

The man who sold the condo to me (SELLER) bought it directly from the builder who was also the JP manager at the same time back in 2009. The builder (JP manager) granted the SELLER a parking lot in the shade written on company paper and signed by him. This agreement describes that the parking lot will be provided free of charges and marked with the condo number.

The current JP manager (new one) however, doesn't allow me to park in the shade. He argues the agreement was not between myself and the previous JP manager. In western countries this would have been described in the deed by the Notary Public but in Thailand a chanote is just a chanote giving you the ownership of the condo only and that's it.

Now who is right? The current manager who doesn't want to accept the original agreement as it was between different parties or I who thinks the granted parking lot stays attached to the condo even after a sale to a new owner.

Thank you.

I'm with the JP on this one.......there is presumably nothing in the contract you signed to gift you the car park. Even in Western countries your assertion of "ownership" would be difficult to enforce as you are essentially not a party to the contract or verbal agreement (between the old JP and the old owner). If the car park had been formally assigned to the condo unit (as opposed to the previous owner) then presumably the previous owner could have assigned it on towards yourself. They did not because they could not. There was a gentlemen's agreement on the car bay.....and it has been grandfathered.

Edited by mamborobert

Try and fight it by "the law" and you will loose or spend a lot of time and money winning which may not be a net win.

Try to work it out by polite respectful discussion over time and you may succeed. But that path may have already been damaged if you were confrontational.

Does the manager work for some committee of owners who could be addressed?