How to Tell Your Wife to Shut The F-word up?

kurtramsbottom

อีร่านควรหุบปากก่อนกูตบหน้ามึง should suffice in a pinch. may be a bit heavy handed so might want to use this

หุบปาก literally: shut mouth. pretty much the Thai equiv of "shut up"

Should just stick with that as adding heavier language will probably enrage your partner.

btw หุบปาก is said like this "hoop" (as in hula hoop, but make sure your town is low and cutting off at the end. p sound is unaspirated. and bpaak.. which mouth and has a bp sound at the start. hoop bpaak.

thai language says :

หุบปาก

hoopL bpaakL

http://thai-language.com/id/211037 check the link to hear the proper sounds, tones, pronunciation

I was hoping for an expletive in there but that's good ... I'll print this out & serve it with her breakfast in the morningsmile.png

You serve her breakfast in the morning. How nice. May we assume she gives you money every month to take care of her.

Re Thai, may I suggest Sao Wao, followed quickly by Ha Mung. Make sure you have the front door open when you say this, and step briskly out into the street.

Whom might we be ?

Thanks.

I asked a friend and was told it would be quite impolite to say แมงสัตว์ เงียบไปเลย อย่าทำให้กูขึ้น

My friend also advised to use that only with friends...

So, it seems that telling someone to shut the F up in a non-joking way isn't as common in Thai as in English?

I asked a friend and was told it would be quite impolite to say แมงสัตว์ เงียบไปเลย อย่าทำให้กูขึ้น

So, it seems that telling someone to shut the F up in a non-joking way isn't as common in Thai as in English?

prolly not with the ol lady.

also its แม่ง and the derogatory use of "animal" is usually shortened to สัด or the better LINE/FB era สัส

btw just not tryin to nitpick just trying to share

I think Thais curse and playfully curse just as much as other ppl, but either way telling the old girl to <deleted> may invoke negative reactions eh 555

Must be a really bad relationship when you feel the need to cuss out your wife. I use "mi poot" (if thats spelt right) works every time for me.

Ha-ha we are adults & she will cuss at me in English so I think it only fair that I know some Thai to sling back thumbsup.gif .

I hope you continue living your faultless life.whistling.gif

'แมงสัตว์' sounds very strange. usually, it is used like 'แม่งเอ้ย' (damn it).