Retirement extension at Chiang Mai- just to confirm ...........

It has been a long while since I did my last extension, so please forgive my ageing memory.

Can you please confirm that I can only make an internet booking on the C M immigration office site after 100 ( ie between 100 and 1 ) days before the non O visa expiry, and that I can do it anytime in the 30 days before the expiry date.

Thank you.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

The on-line booking system for Chiang Mai tends to book up nearly 100 days in advance. As of this morning the only openings were for March 9, 10 and 11 -- so if your visa extension expires between March 9 and April 7, you're in luck to use the on-line system. They count calendar days in figuring the 30 days.

And it isn't possible to book appointments on announced holidays when the Immigration office will be closed. However, they sometimes schedule national holidays at short notice "Happy Days" and then everyone with an appointment on that day is out-of-luck.

Edited by NancyL

Thank you for your prompt response. I thought that was correct, but my memory isn't great these days.

Yes, I'll be making the appointment on day 100 or 99, and checking the public holidays ( as they don't, or didn't ) exclude them on the booking form.

Why not try and book an appointment for 30 days before your expiry date?

That way if you are not successful on your first go, then you still have 29 try's left.

Even if you go in early your extension is still dated from your expiry date, so you don't lose anything.

The online booking system seems to be a success. All that Immigration should do in my opinion is to have (an) extra officer(s) available for the online reservations. These officers pay out for themselves so why not do it and the whole waiting and early queueing lines are gone. Win win situation. No hectic, no overwork, no stress on both sides. Immigration is big biss in my eyes and why not please your customers a bit more.

Thank you for your prompt response. I thought that was correct, but my memory isn't great these days.

Yes, I'll be making the appointment on day 100 or 99, and checking the public holidays ( as they don't, or didn't ) exclude them on the booking form.

Why not try and book an appointment for 30 days before your expiry date?

That way if you are not successful on your first go, then you still have 29 try's left.

Even if you go in early your extension is still dated from your expiry date, so you don't lose anything.

Yes, given the opportunity I will certainly be booking as close to 30 days as possible.

Thank you all.