Cancelling my ex wife's UK visit visa (5 yr)

So 2 years ago, whilst married we applied for 5 year uk visit visa, which was granted. This allows multiple 6 months stays as a visitor. We have now since separated and divorced, and she is threatening me and my life here in LOS with her potentially causing visa, work permit and business issues for me here- just as her kind of games ! I now hear she is planning to go to uk end of this year, perhaps with a new guy , or to work illegally in a thai restaurant in uk, how can I cancel this visa and stop her being able to enter uk on this old visa? Which is technically still valid as she hasn't applied for new passport since you are required to change back to maiden name in Thailand after divorce. If she screws me over, I need to know I have stopped her being able to take advantage of that old visa. Advice pls.

Simply send an email to the visa section at the British Embassy in Bangkok stating that you have divorced.

I don't think you have to go into too much detail as the fact that you are now divorced is enough grounds for the Embassy to cancel the visa due to a change in circumstance.

The UKVI will not cancel the visa, but you should advise them that there has been a material change in circumstances since the visa was issued, and that you are no longer in a position or willing to provide support.

They may or may not flag it on their system, which could possibly mean that she could be denied entry if she travelled to the UK relying on that visa.

I would advise your ex-wife that you have advised the UKVI of your change of circumstances and of the risks she faces if she attempts to enter the UK using that visa.

Subtle Advice ... thumbsup.gif

OP , you could try another approach. Sounds like your both going down the "rock throwing path" ....apart from your statement about her potentially making business and visa trouble for you (how can she do this unless she has something over you)

Why not point out to her that you could possibly cause problems with her UK visa. Call a truce try and move on. On both sides. Makes no difference to you what she does now. Legal or otherwise. You are divorced.

• Like 1

i cant after reading your OP, see were she could course problems for you,>?

it reads as though you have a work permit, she couldnt stop that, unless you have a business partnership with her and she want to close the business,

or your still going to try and stay here with the married visa,

if you are legal just get on with your life and leave her to get on with hers,

if you try and course to much trouble for her,,, please believe me,, it will come back to you 2 fold, remember this is thailand, she will have freinds,, be very carefull my friend when you start throwing your stones and making waves,,

it will come back and bite you big time

• Like 1

Everything is as legal as it can be, but she knows the things that aren't , or threatens to simply get us investigated- which adds stress and potential red tape having government officials come knocking. (Envelopes at the ready etc) I also have land which is in her name that until now she has in good faith offered to transfer to our company, so need her on side ... But fear once the last of the ties are cut , she has nothing connecting her to me, and in spite would stir sh1t up. Me cancelling her visa is a retaliation, only if she causes problems . I am not that petty to do for just sakes sake, but it is the last card I hold.

I'm sorry op but you paid for the land knowing the potential loss. As many have said in other forums... Only put in what your content to walk away from.

Also you mention stress. It will be better for you to just let it go. Your not in effect holding the cards. Your taking a knife to a gun fight. Get another chick. Don't marry her and enjoy the companionship. Prob what you need now.

BTW ..I not trying to be negative. If you were my best mate, this would be my exact advice.

Me cancelling her visa is a retaliation, only if she causes problems . I am not that petty to do for just sakes sake, but it is the last card I hold.

For the avoidance of doubt, you don't have the power to cancel her visa, and it's highly unlikely that the UKVI will do so either.

As I pointed out earlier, all you can do is advise the UKVI that there has been a material change of circumstances since your wife applied for her visit visa, and add that you're no longer able or willing to act as a financial sponsor.

You can only hope that they will flag the change on their system and it would be picked up at the point of entry into the UK.

• Like 2