Bonelss Turkey Breast

hellyes2oo2

Oh No, not a deep fried turkey guy! Curiously enough I was watching Food Network just before Thanksgiving and the whole deep fried turkey thing came up, overall not so positive I have to say. My former bro in law was a passionate fan of deep frying, until one Thanksgiving during a heavy rainstorm he was forced to move the infernal device into the garage and proceeded to nearly burn his house down

We had one of the "Turkey Roasts" from Topps Market for our "Thanksgiving Meal" last Thursday... They are not "Turkey Breast", but rather "Turkey Roasts" containing both light and dark meat, which can be both Good & Bad depending on your personal preferences... A small Roast served 4 large Farang's with enough leftovers for sandiches for two of us for several days... Of course our meal included Stuffing, Mashed Poatatos, Gravy, Fruit Salad, Cranberry Sauce and of course Pumpkin and Apple Pies...

Pianoman

Not sure about Ubon or Surin, but Tops in Khon Kaen are selling the Butterball turkey breasts as well as whole turkeys. ฿750/Kg I seem to recall. Generally if one Tops is stocking them they all will.

That's one expensive turkey! I can't believe any one would actually buy it at that price.

Not sure about Ubon or Surin, but Tops in Khon Kaen are selling the Butterball turkey breasts as well as whole turkeys. ฿750/Kg I seem to recall. Generally if one Tops is stocking them they all will.

That's one expensive turkey! I can't believe any one would actually buy it at that price.

Makro in Buriram (and Surin) have 2 choices; Butterball and Bernard Matthews - I think one id 155 Baht/kg the other 170 Baht/Kg.

I want the Butterball turkey breast so will pick one up in Makro, Pattaya next week.

http://www.butterball.com/products/turkey-roasts-and-whole-breasts/frozen-whole-turkey-breast

In Nakhon Phanom, you can buy fresh turkey for 200 baht a kilo. There is a community of turkey

farmers just to the north of the town. If you drive 4 kms past Big C in the direction of Tha Uthen, you will see the TOT office. The last turning before that is a narrow concrete road that runs

between some rice fields, and the turkey farmers' restaurant is a green roofed building on the right.

They say that their female birds are about 3kgs and their male birds about 5kgs. The 200 baht per

kilo price is for the bird before it is plucked. The restaurant, btw, is surrounded by fields, and it is very peaceful.

In Nakhon Phanom, you can buy fresh turkey for 200 baht a kilo. There is a community of turkey

farmers just to the north of the town. If you drive 4 kms past Big C in the direction of Tha Uthen, you will see the TOT office. The last turning before that is a narrow concrete road that runs

between some rice fields, and the turkey farmers' restaurant is a green roofed building on the right.

They say that their female birds are about 3kgs and their male birds about 5kgs. The 200 baht per

kilo price is for the bird before it is plucked. The restaurant, btw, is surrounded by fields, and it is very peaceful.

I assume not so peaceful for the Turkeys.....w00t.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Was just at the new Robinson's in Mukdahan today, if you are a Top Card holder, Tops has a great deal on Whole Turkeys, I just bought one for under ฿800 for a 3.96 kilogram turkey, a savings of about ฿500 over non card holders. I was going to buy a turkey breast, but the the whole turkey was twice as big and only about ฿150 more. Oh these are Butter Ball Turkeys.