any good T.V. technicians in pattaya

wanderluster

I have a 4 yr old samsung 51" plasma tv. when i first turn it on, only the sound comes on and no picture.. If i wait a few seconds and then turn it off and then back on right away, the sound and picture come on.. sometimes the picture is a little blurry at first but clears up to normal in 10-15 seconds... I have been putting up with this for the last 6 months and no changes.

with my very limited electronics knowledge sounds to me like a capacitor is just not holding a charge, but given a few seconds charges, but i did say very limited knowledge..

i took the tv to samsung, had my gf explain the situation to the technician, and without even examining it, came back with a 14k baht repair bill... says have to replace everything just in case there might be a further problem down the road... well now you can buy new ones for about 16-17k, so why would i pay 14k for a fix...

so does anyone know the real problem to my tv??? or an honest and reliable repair shop in the pattaya area???

Numchai is about the best there is. They charge a bit for the eval if they can't fix it. I had a 4 year old Samsung that started getting lines across the screen. Said to just buy a new one. So we did.

Do not know if they send their stuff for repair to Father Rays but PowerBuy do, used to be 300 baht a repair just had my DVD repaired there 200 baht

Numchai is about the best there is. They charge a bit for the eval if they can't fix it. I had a 4 year old Samsung that started getting lines across the screen. Said to just buy a new one. So we did.

Do not know if they send their stuff for repair to Father Rays but PowerBuy do, used to be 300 baht a repair just had my DVD repaired there 200 baht

Numchai has a big repair shop right behind their store on Suk. 300B for a repair sounds right, as long as no parts are involved. If so, then the price goes up dramatically.

"Any good T.V. technicians in Pattaya?" cheesy.gif Not that I know of! But I can give you a short list of places to avoid. That would be against the rules of ThaiVisa forums.

I've found that with flat screen TV's, it's better to buy new ones. You'll probably end up spending more than buying a new one in the end. There always seems to be other problems down the road! sad.png

But if you insist, why don't you try the Samsung Service Center located across from Tesco/Lotus on Sukhumvit? whistling.gif

Edited by BB1950