Pattaya Immigration arrest Russian accused of sending Steroids to Russia

webfact

Pattaya Immigration arrest Russian accused of sending Steroids to Russia

russian-2.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Acting on an International Arrest Warrant issued by the Russian Authorities, and in conjunction with the Thai Army, Immigration Police arrested a 47 year old Russian National in Pattaya on Tuesday Morning, accused of exporting Steroids from Thailand to Russia.

Officers confirmed the arrest of Mr. Igor Cherkesov under International Arrest Warrant number A-4982/7-2014 dated 2nd July 2014. He was detained at the “Made Weight” Gym in Soi Watboon in Jomtien.

The Russian Authorities had contacted Chonburi Immigration and asked for their assistance in arresting Mr. Cherkesov, who is wanted in Russia to answer for his alleged crimes. It is thought a Thai agent supplied the muscle enhancement drugs to the Russian who then sent them on to Russia where the items were sold for a considerable profit.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/157626/pattaya-immigration-arrest-russian-accused-of-sending-steroids-to-russia/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-12-04

...what is his crime....

...what jurisdiction....

...only him and not the supplier....???

He is a Russian selling dope in Russia, so obviously his case is governed by Russian law. The Thai supplier selling to him in Thailand, has not committed any crimes, as his sales are legal under Thai law.

No, the Thai supplier- presumably a pharmacist- should only have supplied them on receipt of a valid prescription(this is the law world over). If the products weren't registered with the Thai FDA, then the products were not genuine- which is up another level again in terms of the potential prosecution for the Russian guy and the Thai supplier.

...what is his crime....

...what jurisdiction....

He is a Russian selling dope in Russia, so obviously his case is governed by Russian law. The Thai supplier selling to him in Thailand, has not committed any crimes, as his sales are legal under Thai law.

According to Thailand Law anabolic steroids may be sold only to those people who have a doctor's prescription.

Selling anabolic steroids to people who don't have a doctor's prescription is illegal in Thailand.

Anyone violating this law is supposed to be prosecuted.

Edited by Barin
  • Like 1

What about the "Breast enlargement steroids for Thai girls" suppliers of China/Taiwan ? blink.pngrolleyes.gif

Steroids may be illegal in Thailand.

On the other hand Pueraria Mirifica is not a steroid and is safe for breast enlargement... thumbsup.gif

According to the Russian TV news channels he had a several containers intercepted in February containing steroids with a total weight of 27 tonnes.

OK if this is the case he is not just sending a couple of parcels of the good stuff to his mates in the post.

"He was detained at the “Made Weight” Gym in Soi Watboon in Jomtien"

The gym in question is Medved (Bear Gym) and not "Made Weight". It's a Russian owned gym in south Jomtien.

Been in there a few times and there is definitely more going on than the story tells. Seen the arrested guy in question and other Russians working illegally as instructors and pushing redline bags to their regular clients.

Immigration and narcs might be interested in looking further into this.

• Like 1

Very disappointed, at least 9 Thais and nobody pointing the finger at this hardcore Russian criminal.

I really miss the pointing finger every time they arrest a foreigner, It's like they want to show the whole world how clever and skilled they are.

...what is his crime....

...what jurisdiction....

Its they money he is getting which is of interest to the Russian Authority not the drug itself ! They dont care about his side effects anyway!

In general, I'm glad they are cracking down in Pattaya n Phuket. Seems to be a lot of Russians in both Tourist places. I have friends that left their business in Phuket because of the Russian Mafia......threats and fees to do......

I wouldn't call this particular event a crack down, simply an execution of a Russian arrest warrant.

There is no way that the arrested Russian in question is the mastermind/finance behind sending tons of steroids from Thailand. I've seen him around and he doesn't even have three shirts to change between. He's doing his job as the fall guy right now.

What about the "Breast enlargement steroids for Thai girls" suppliers of China/Taiwan ? blink.pngrolleyes.gif

If these steroids worked the official importer would have been the next Bill Gates of LOS and Pattaya would have been smuttered with D CUP bargirls ....clap2.gif ..... Instead these steroids enhances hair growth on their titties and the razor industry is making a killing instead..... cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Coming to think of it..... I'm think I'm in the wrong industry....laugh.pngtongue.png

• Like 1

He should have got a work permit.

The photo doesn't make any sense I don't know who is guilty or who got arrested why the army's crack hit team are there?? Did they get arrested? I need 1 finger pointed please.. Preferably 2

I know back home a lot of steriods come from Thailand. Seems to be a type of "hub"..