German restaurant offering sea bass in Pattaya?

aZooZa

Bit trivial really, but on the off-chance:

My Chinese g/f loves seafood (as they all do). Last time I took her to a German restaurant in Bangkok where she had sea bass "to die for". Does anyone know of a German restaurant in Pattaya that has this on the menu? I've spent hours 'Googling' but nowt...

Thanks in advance.

I have never seen that on a German menu.

The only fish I see on such menus is breaded deep fried fillets of just fish (they don't say which).

Can you describe how it was cooked in the German style that would be different?

I dont think the Germans are renowned for their fish cuisine.

Indeed, could well have been trout. Anyone know where there's trout on the menu - German restaurant? Preferably with large steins of real and cold German beer crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZL4v7J7m

'Domicil' - do they do fish? Can't see it on their website...

Edited by aZooZa

For sea bass and German beer, I would head to 'Klein Heidelberg', Naklua Soi 18.

As well I'd try 'Bei Gerhard', Naklua Soi 31. Very delicious food, not sure about sea brass though. Thai food was rated delicious by locals too.

Naklua Soi 33: Try 'Bazi' and a few more restaurants in this Soi. All of them will offer German beer.

'Domicil' is an Austrian restaurant. In general, I love Austrian food, but had dinner only once there. whistling.gif

In my personal opinion, the best pork knuckle in town you'll find Fridays 7 pm at Naklua Sauna. Sundays the best roasted duck, 7 pm as well. The offer German beer too, Thai food as well. Very far in Naklua. Google for their location, maybe it's on their website.

Edited by kdrayong
  • Like 1

So called sea bass in Thailand are not from the sea they are estuary perch that live in brackesh water. But most of the ones available are farmed in massive freshwater ponds, Shipped to Bangkok, frozen and sent all over Thailand and sold to unsupecting Thais and Farangs as sea bass. Its a big scam. They have a monopoly because Thai waters are fished out. The fish are grossly overpriced. You can sometimes be lucky and get one actually caught in river mouths and they are quite good eating. They have a gold stripe along thier bodies whilst the farmed ones don't .

• Like 1

Indeed, could well have been trout. Anyone know where there's trout on the menu - German restaurant? Preferably with large steins of real and cold German beer crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZL4v7J7m

'Domicil' - do they do fish? Can't see it on their website...

Plenty of German restaurants and bars heading for Naklua from Dolphin roundabout. Around Christmas and New Year some of the patrons can get a bit maudlin and burst into song - martial music I think I'd call it. If you can put up with that you should find some decent food & beer.

Edited by champers

• 2 months later...

Off Sea Bass topic but was recommended Max & Morith German Restauran, Soi 9 off Soi Khao Noi, East Pattaya (off top of Khao Talo, left to Khao Noi, down about 1.5km or so, turn right, about 1km down on left hand side just after a right bend int he road, on rhs.
Sundays have lunch special Snitzels (3 to choose at 140bht) others about 170, huge, with potato/fries and salad. Friendly service, air con inside, or outside garden dining, food was great. Wednesday they have Pork Knuckles special 350 bht, bou have to order out yn the Tuesday, ph.093.112.8264.
This is good value. No relation, not on commission.

Edited by mogo51

For sea bass and German beer, I would head to 'Klein Heidelberg', Naklua Soi 18.

As well I'd try 'Bei Gerhard', Naklua Soi 31. Very delicious food, not sure about sea brass though. Thai food was rated delicious by locals too.

Naklua Soi 33: Try 'Bazi' and a few more restaurants in this Soi. All of them will offer German beer.

'Domicil' is an Austrian restaurant. In general, I love Austrian food, but had dinner only once there. whistling.gif

In my personal opinion, the best pork knuckle in town you'll find Fridays 7 pm at Naklua Sauna. Sundays the best roasted duck, 7 pm as well. The offer German beer too, Thai food as well. Very far in Naklua. Google for their location, maybe it's on their website.

Wassup with Antons? Yes Naklua eating/drinking beats anything in and around Pattaya,probably the krauts not putting up with rubbish food or service

I have never seen that on a German menu.

The only fish I see on such menus is breaded deep fried fillets of just fish (they don't say which).

Can you describe how it was cooked in the German style that would be different?

I dont think the Germans are renowned for their fish cuisine.

You think wrong. As Germany has a coast and plenty of rivers, fish is widely eaten and some of the recipes are very good. I'd kill for some smoked eel:-)

One post has been removed:

6) You will not post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.

Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person to suffer harm. It does not have to be false to be defamatory. Libel is when the defamatory statement is published either in a drawing, painting, cinematography, film, picture or letters made visible by any means, or any other recording instruments, recording picture or letters, or by broadcasting or spreading picture, or by propagation by any other means. Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in Thailand.