Moto-taxi busted for pimping taxis at Mo Chit Terminal

webfact

Moto-taxi busted for pimping taxis at Mo Chit Terminal
By Coconuts Bangkok

moto.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A popular video of a moto-taxi operator demanding a sky-high fare to summon a taxi for a commuter at Mochit Terminal prompted his arrest by Bang Sue district police Tuesday.

In the video posted by a woman Monday, the moto-taxi man, since identified as Amnat Boonchong, 25, offers to summon a taxi for a passenger trying to find a ride home by using a familiar line – taxis are hard to find!

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2014/12/04/moto-taxi-busted-pimping-taxis-mo-chit-terminal

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-12-04
  • Like 1

Please refer to Uber pricing prior to speaking. May be useful in establishing credibility.

Uber is so much cheaper with clean cars and the morons want to ban it when you have scum like these people trying to fleece you.

If and when Uber drivers follow the taxi laws then they will be legal. Otherwise in reality, no different than this guy! Uber also charges more!

Last month My Thai gf and I exited the MoChit station and went to the motorbike taxi stand where there was a price list displaying a charge of 200 THb to go to immigration.That would be a charge of 400 Thb each way as they would carry only one passenger each. Further up the street there were a few metred taxis who said it would be between 100 to 120 for the trip. We went there and returned for 100 each way which is quarter of the taxi bike fare.Go figure!

Please refer to Uber pricing prior to speaking. May be useful in establishing credibility.

Uber is so much cheaper with clean cars and the morons want to ban it when you have scum like these people trying to fleece you.

If and when Uber drivers follow the taxi laws then they will be legal. Otherwise in reality, no different than this guy! Uber also charges more!

Who! Me or Gerry?

Please try and make your posts a bit clearer!

As a tourist I almost never had any problem with any taxi driver in Bangkok except from Morchit.

When I arrive at the queue and say I go to Saphan Kwai - sure a short ride for a driver that has been queueing for a long time - they invariably pout and grumble all the ride to my hotel. I have also been taken for a ride once or twice.

So now I walk all the way to the departures side where I can catch a taxi who has just brought a customer and who is smiling all over his face at his good fortune.

So this news doesn't come as a surprise for me.

• Like 1