Musings of an expat returned to Australia

AussieSteve

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cypress ............do you know why I put the expression "ok guys ready for the flack" because I'm the realist. (as you propose to be)

I know there are bitter twisted people on this forum that are ready and waiting to just put people down and lord it over everyone else. Arrogant people who brag about how good they are, usually are the opposite.

So I was expecting these type of comments to come from a certain part of this forum. There are people like this all over, even in Australia I try to avoid them because negativity breeds more negativity.

You have a lesson to learn in humility.

If your original comments (that were taken off the thread by the moderators) were made face to face here, say over a beer in the pub ( as this type of comment could be made) you would be out on your arse on the street.

As I have previously said ............... why are you on this forum if all you can do is be so negative.

If your original comments (that were taken off the thread by the moderators) were made face to face here, say over a beer in the pub ( as this type of comment could be made) you would be out on your arse on the street.

Really, you sound like one of those front bar seven day a week guys who is quite happy to knock back piss while his mrs plays pokies with all the other Thai rif raff.

Morphet Vale Tavern Sth Aus, sat there one time while some guy was talking shyt about Thais and sin sot and paying money to mama every month, my brother turned to him and said you are talking shyt, gobshyt said you dont know, brother said ask that guy he is married to a Thai.

Gobshyt went very quiet, give these girls their due, they usually tell the truth, jer gan tee nai, tee bar ka.

Gobshyt losing face, pissed of a farang could speak Thai, never mind the BS met her on the BTS.

The only guy out on the ass on the street was the gobshyt, forum rules prevent me naming and shaming him.

His name is N and he is married to a BG from CM, another two week millionaire tossa.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Cypress ............do you know why I put the expression "ok guys ready for the flack" because I'm the realist. (as you propose to be)

I know there are bitter twisted people on this forum that are ready and waiting to just put people down and lord it over everyone else. Arrogant people who brag about how good they are, usually are the opposite.

So I was expecting these type of comments to come from a certain part of this forum. There are people like this all over, even in Australia I try to avoid them because negativity breeds more negativity.

You have a lesson to learn in humility.

As I have previously said ............... why are you on this forum if all you can do is be so negative.

Really, you sound like one of those front bar seven day a week guys who is quite happy to knock back piss while his mrs plays pokies with all the other Thai rif raff.

Morphet Vale Tavern Sth Aus, sat there one time while some guy was talking shyt about Thais and sin sot and paying money to mama every month, my brother turned to him and said you are talking shyt, gobshyt said you dont know, brother said ask that guy he is married to a Thai.

Gobshyt went very quiet, give these girls their due, they usually tell the truth, jer gan tee nai, tee bar ka.

Gobshyt losing face, pissed of a farang could speak Thai, never mind the BS met her on the BTS.

The only guy out on the ass on the street was the gobshyt, forum rules prevent me naming and shaming him.

His name is N and he is married to a BG from CM, another two week millionaire tossa.

Good story, the difference between him and me is that I rarely go to the pub, I never complain about my wife or her family, check out my previous posts I complain more about farang and have supported many things that Thais have done for me.

What I was saying is if anyone insulted an Aussie guys wife face to face he is asking for trouble. Pointing out that what is being said by a certain person feeling safe on the internet he wouldn't get away with saying up front in a public place.

But he seems to have succeeded in bringing me down to his level so I'm not responding to any more intimidation.

• Like 1

This OP is just a perfect example of the wan%%r brigade that do not really have anything positive to offer. Not just on this thread, but most on TV. I wonder if its just fun for the experts or maybe in real life, nobody listens to them.

We all have opinions, but why are are so many throwing rocks. The OP asked for some suggestions re visa.

That's ALL its about..then the usual suspects after rubbish.. Good luck Steve. Glad she has you over some of the Thai experts above.

AussieSteve, on 12 Dec 2014 - 22:50, said:

Good story, the difference between him and me is that I rarely go to the pub, I never complain about my wife or her family, check out my previous posts I complain more about farang and have supported many things that Thais have done for me.

What I was saying is if anyone insulted an Aussie guys wife face to face he is asking for trouble. Pointing out that what is being said by a certain person feeling safe on the internet he wouldn't get away with saying up front in a public place.

But he seems to have succeeded in bringing me down to his level so I'm not responding to any more intimidation.

If anyone insulted any GUY'S wife face-to-face he should expect a beat down but who the hell insulted your wife? I didn't.

If we were all in a pub and you piped up saying you - an old boy - were bringing your much younger Thai wife to Brisbane, I'd stand up and say EXACTLY what I've said in this thread directly to your face.

I'm not duplicitous and, trust me, I do NOT shrink from confrontation. I haven't brought you down to ANY level.

It is YOU and a few others who've chosen to play the man instead of the ball

My advice - regardless of whether you choose to take it as such - is sound.

Frankly, I don't give two shits whether or not you heed it - it's your life - but trust me, if you rock up on the forum a year from now crying like a pussy because you caught your wife in a "compromising" situation with buff Bruce, I'll remind you of this thread.

Have fun in brisboring dont get stuck in the pub tab or pokies even know thats pretty much all there is to do there

You obviously have a narrow view of the world, there's plenty more to do in Brisvegas than pubs and pokies.

With your view of the world you must see only 'whoring' as the only option in LOS.

Open your eyes.

Edited by neverdie

Have fun in brisboring dont get stuck in the pub tab or pokies even know thats pretty much all there is to do there

You obviously have a narrow view of the world, there's plenty more to do in Brisvegas than pubs and pokies.

With your view of the world you must see only 'whoring' as the only option in LOS.

Open your eyes.

whoring is boring .

I try to get em free.

Open your eyes.

whoring is boring .

I try to get em free.

Fair enuf, nothing wrong with that but Brisvegas and surrounding areas of Qld have so much to offer. The OP can do heaps of nice stuff. One of the things we enjoy doing in Oz is as simple as taking a relaxing drive in the countryside. You can do this with maybe only 1 or 2 douchebags trying to kill you per hour verses Thailand's 589,673 douchbags per hour.

If Brisvegas bores him too much he could take he away into the countryside for a night or two, head up to Bunya Mountains for a coup,e of nights, slide up,and spend a weekend at Coolum Beach, that's not discounting what Brisvegas offers virtually any time if the year, shows, stroll along the khlong, plenty of eat spots, weather to die for.

Whatever he does, he should stay away from the GC, what a shittthole ;)

By look of your pic, think you would know your way around those 3 haunts. Every thought about getting off the couch and drive up to the hinterland or down to gold coast or sunny coast....Qld has it all, as does Vic, where I'm from.

Not all Aussies sit in a bar...geez

One thing i really like about thailand is that there is really nothing more to do some says than sit in a air con bar and knock back a few cold ones and have company of hot asian women rather than the company of a few pokie machines and a tab screen ........ deppressing to see all those lonely ozzies blokes drinkin in there losing there money in oz when they could be in pattaya drinking and shooting pool for 50 baht a beer and be meeting women.

Open your eyes.

whoring is boring .

I try to get em free.

Fair enuf, nothing wrong with that but Brisvegas and surrounding areas of Qld have so much to offer. The OP can do heaps of nice stuff. One of the things we enjoy doing in Oz is as simple as taking a relaxing drive in the countryside. You can do this with maybe only 1 or 2 douchebags trying to kill you per hour verses Thailand's 589,673 douchbags per hour.

If Brisvegas bores him too much he could take he away into the countryside for a night or two, head up to Bunya Mountains for a coup,e of nights, slide up,and spend a weekend at Coolum Beach, that's not discounting what Brisvegas offers virtually any time if the year, shows, stroll along the khlong, plenty of eat spots, weather to die for.

Whatever he does, he should stay away from the GC, what a shittthole ;)

Yeh OP skip the GC and head to byron bay...... NSW all the way yeeeewwwlllll

The OP asked for some suggestions re visa.

That's ALL its about..then the usual suspects after rubbish.. Good luck Steve. Glad she has you over some of the Thai experts above.

Incorrect!

If OP wanted VISA info, should have posted in VISA section, then there wouldn't have been any discussion.

In the pub area, where this thread exists, anything goes.

• Like 1

Hi David, ever since I joined TV I've been reader of your posts. We have an Aussie background in common, I was born Sydney, worked around the country over the years in construction but settled in Brisbane where I raised my family, then did another year in Perth before coming to Thailand.

Out of all the aussies on TV, I always thought you sounded the most well established and here to stay for the long term. Now it sounds like you're moving back to Oz.

If that's the case I'd be interested to hear why (I know it's none of my business and you can tell me to p** off!) but I have wavered a little bit lately in my commitment to this place. Australia is a great country, without doubt the lucky country, and it easy to see the attraction of living back there, especially if you have a thai partner to take back.

Actually, I was fine living in my ignorant bliss till I joined TV. Living the carefree, high life. Now I've read so much on here, with the negativity far outweighing the positivity, that I find myself viewing everything in Thailand in a cynical and suspicious manner. (subject of my next post)

I know you have some young kids, is it for them? For their education? I could relate to that, I gave my kids a mixed private/state school education in Brisbane, and from what I have seen and heard about the Thai school system there is no way in the world I would educate my child here.

Mate ... always happy to share ...

The reason why the potential return to Australia ...

post-104736-0-35092500-1417856744.jpg

MissFarmGirl's sister* ... and the Boys. Don't ask me definitely which one is which from that Photo. But, if pushed, I'd punt for Jackson on the right.

There are two main reasons.

Educational opportunities for the Boys, plus I need to earn some coin.

The Boys will chew up more cash requirements as they mature.

Wasa, as for ... "Now I've read so much on here, with the negativity far outweighing the positivity, that I find myself viewing everything in Thailand in a cynical and suspicious manner." ... I reckon nah.

If you have chosen your Lassie wisely, and I'm sure you have ... have confidence in that choice.

I've always said ... (implicitly) 'Trust but Verify' ... Still works for me.

Works for the Lady, works for the Family, works for Thailand

The proviso is your Health. Without Insurance, I wouldn't want to be in Thailand.

That's my take on it.

*Just quietly, if there a basic Thai speaker.

Wow, cute family…..I can see now why you’re contemplating the move.

I’ve been there, having raised three kids in Brisbane. As I said, we sent them through a combination of state and private schools, which involved blending a busy work life with kid’s schooling, homework, sports, school concerts, parent teacher meetings, broken bones and in my case, renovating a queenslander at the same time. Don’t expect to save any money for a long time!

Looking back though, wouldn’t have done it any other way. As another poster said, Australia has it all, particularly in education and after hearing the stories about the Thai education system (assuming they’re true) I’d be opting firmly for the Australia option.

Regarding your trust/verify principle, after one marriage that ended amicably followed by a two decade long de-facto relationship which ended horribly (it was never good, I just stayed for the kids) my trust/verify formula is now weighted very heavily on the verify side!

• Like 2

The OP asked for some suggestions re visa.

Incorrect!

If OP wanted VISA info, should have posted in VISA section, then there wouldn't have been any discussion.

In the pub area, where this thread exists, anything goes.

Anything goes in your world as depicted by many of your posts.