Google

gharknes

don't tell me Thailand has blocked it

First my toolbar dissapeared then www.google.com comes up blank

No problems here on TT&T Maxnet. Perhaps try www.google.co.th or www.google.co.uk

I'm at Maprachan/Pattaya, just got hooked up to TT&T Maxnet a couple of days ago and thought Whow! much better than dial-up. Now I can't get IE or Firefox, let alone Google or Yahoo but when I go back to Loxinfo dial-up they're on. Anyone know what's happening? :o:D

Google use dynamic DNS to redirect clients to their nearest host. This is done regardless of the country/language variant opened, www.google.com, www.google.co.th or www.google.co.uk will resolve to the same IP address (or same set of).

AFAIK thai clients are sent to their Singapore nodes, and the connectivity to these does suffer from shortlived hiccups on occasion. I've seen this going on for months, it looks to me like a recurrent routing instability at the CAT exchange point, but who knows? (certainly not the CAT losers themselves). It usually goes away after several minutes.

Censorship has nothing to do with this. Maybe I'm up for a suprise, but I doubt the ICT min. would be stupid enough to ban Google.

--Lannig

Google use dynamic DNS to redirect clients to their nearest host. This is done regardless of the country/language variant opened, www.google.com, www.google.co.th or www.google.co.uk will resolve to the same IP address (or same set of).

AFAIK thai clients are sent to their Singapore nodes, and the connectivity to these does suffer from shortlived hiccups on occasion. I've seen this going on for months, it looks to me like a recurrent routing instability at the CAT exchange point, but who knows? (certainly not the CAT losers themselves). It usually goes away after several minutes.

Censorship has nothing to do with this. Maybe I'm up for a suprise, but I doubt the ICT min. would be stupid enough to ban Google.

--Lannig

No problems here, when I enter www.google.com I get to www.google.com . When i use the Google add-in in Firefox it takes me to www.google.com .