2015 Pickups

Lefty

I just thought they would have moved away from the name Vigo as it is a bit old now.

Maybe come up with another name to capture the imagination , Toyota is the brand name , but the platform name should change.

Toyota Tacundra will do.

• Like 1

VIOS was originally a pet name for the Soluna, and has now survived 3 generations.

The Altis name has also now survived 3 generations.

My money is on the VIGO name staying around, and the Fortuner name staying around too (previous gen: Sport Rider).

For the sake of correctness.

This is the correct link to the Thai language facebook site about the new Vigo:

https://www.facebook.com/NewVigoClubThailand

From an Australian website:

This could be the most important arrival of 2015. The all-new Toyota HiLux is expected to hit Australia in the first half of next year as the Japanese brands overhaul their pick-up propositions.

http://www.carsguide.com.au/car-news/2015-toyota-hilux-ute-spy-shots-29730

Shows spy shots from southern Europe.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 2

They are not going to call it Vigo are they ?

Why not? Brand awareness and all that?

Toyota Hilux Champ VIGO. Just how many names does a vehicle need? Corolla is the same but I think it has 4 names.

I figure Toyota Thailand has a room of people that think up names that Thai people cannot pronounce.

think there was as Sportivo version as well - the one with all the extra cladding on it in some attempt to make it look newer lol

• 3 weeks later...

When people mention brown, I don't get very excited but this brown is not too bad, certainly better than the Orange

I like the orange. I think it's about time the pickups were available in less conservative colours. I think there was a choice of 4 colours in my Triton, black, white, silver and grey.

• 3 weeks later...

When people mention brown, I don't get very excited but this brown is not too bad, certainly better than the Orange

I like the orange. I think it's about time the pickups were available in less conservative colours. I think there was a choice of 4 colours in my Triton, black, white, silver and grey.

Before the Triton the colours were rather good, many were 2 tone

• Like 1