Brother-in-law in jail.

sipi

So to be clear it is 12 months and 30,000 so if you pay the 10,000 he will still do the 12 months anyway. What happens if he doesnt pay the other 10,000 and does the 12 months.

Time to tell the wife that she is married to you not dad and if you wish to pay the fine you will.

OP , I don't get you. Glad I'm not a mate relying on you. We all make mistakes. He is your partners brother. You have a beer tonight and hope he reflects on his mistakes.

Hide behind umbrella of don't want to interfer with family stuff. $300 geez take care of it. What's this post about. Hoping some farang will give you pat on back.

Jellyfish springs to mind

OP , I don't get you. Glad I'm not a mate relying on you. We all make mistakes. He is your partners brother. You have a beer tonight and hope he reflects on his mistakes.

Hide behind umbrella of don't want to interfer with family stuff. $300 geez take care of it. What's this post about. Hoping some farang will give you pat on back.

To over rule the Father's wishes (no doubt he has more history/knowledge) could turn out to be an afront to the entire family or even cause a split which you might not win....

There is some history here and the close family knows exactly what it's all about...Also a drug bust is not a light thing here - no matter your/our/anybody elses viewpoint....

Springing a wandering druggie back on the family without consulting with the family head and coming to an understanding might be a grave error.....

• Like 2

Dad has spoken!! Ican relate to that. To many Thai fathers think that married daughters are their property .To be dictated to by pa pa.

I have had the same problem.Tell pa pa f off.If lady is married she is not pa pa chattel.

The daughter is his property...she is on loan to the foreigner she married and can be called to return home at any time...This is Thailand...family rules...father rules the family...

To over rule the Father's wishes (no doubt he has more history/knowledge) could turn out to be an afront to the entire family or even cause a split which you might not win....

There is some history here and the close family knows exactly what it's all about...Also a drug bust is not a light thing here - no matter your/our/anybody elses viewpoint....

Springing a wandering druggie back on the family without consulting with the family head and coming to an understanding might be a grave error.....

Thanks Dr Phill, and if he was your son what would you do? ...stop with the hiding behind Thai culture. I would have him out tomorrow. Hasn't been mentioned of serious on going abuse or previous jail terms. OP did not provide much detail. And even to post this ..thinking soft c###

• Like 1

Anybody who does time in a Thai jail knows the tedium and fear associated with life inside. If I could provide someone I knew with the opportunity to avoid the experience of third rate food and sardine tin sleeping arrangements, i would willingly spend 10000 baht. The arm-chair moralists and defenders of Thai family value systems and face-saving say to let him rot. If you like him, help him. Talk to the cops at the station which arrested him and get an idea of the situation and your options.

• Like 1

My gfs brother is in gaol, attempted kidnap with a fire arm, seen the clip on tv of them being arrested, gfs family say he was only driving the get away car so should not be punished, the leader of the gang was a cop who conveniently enough was not present when they drove up to pick up the ransome, he has dis appeared and cannot be traced ( wow ) .

The guy who was kidnapped wants a million to drop charges guess who they think should come up with the money. Not a cat in hells chance.

Tried to explain about responsibility for ones actions but reaction was the same as I would get trying to explain to a Martian the difference between a pint of real ale and a bottle od Heiniken.

I am getting this news third hand, so it is difficult to know exactly what is going on.

Du has been in a small provincial prison for a few days, not the Bangkok Hilton.

I asked my wife again today if they need a hand and she said all is ok, and the money was ready to pay. I believe it was 12 months or 30000 baht, so he should be out soon. They are a close family and life will continue as normal.

• Like 1

Spock ...yes get him out. The op is a first class jellyfish.

Fancy coming onto TV asking for advice on this. I will tell what he wants... He wants absolution from farang in TV.

The same type that sit on hands and come up with lame excuses for doing nothing..

$300 geezus my son you are a sad puppy. Glad I wasn't in trenches with you. (I have Never been in war needing backup) seems you haven't. He is your brother in law ??

And even if they did want some assistance, there is no way that I (a farang) would turn up at the jail or police station with a roll of 1000 baht notes. Think about it. It can only go down hill for everyone from there.

Hmmm... reading all these posts about Pappa and his son.....looks like Pappa has done some proper reflection on his past SELF....therefore punishing his son now ......teaching him a lesson ( read..the lesson his own parents did not teach him).....but it could all be about power and unwillingness to pay the money too. The crap about face and who is the boss.....yeah right.

Hmmm... reading all these posts about Pappa and his son.....looks like Pappa has done some proper reflection on his past SELF....therefore punishing his son now ......teaching him a lesson ( read..the lesson his own parents did not teach him).....but it could all be about power and unwillingness to pay the money too. The crap about face and who is the boss.....yeah right.

... or you could be projecting a lot from your own life, and the OP and "papa" are spot on in knowing how to handle this situation.

Geez!

• Like 1

... or you could be projecting a lot from your own life, and the OP and "papa" are spot on in knowing how to handle this situation.

Geez!

That was easy...was it not ?

Jeez

Something to read on a Saturday morning.

Are you going to drip feed the rest of the information onto us? Or is that it?

When do we get to pass judgement?

When did the denizens of TV ever need facts before passing judgement?

Just like the Thai courts eh? you see weve "athaimatized"

Half my wife's family been in the slammer.

Hell, half my family's been in the slammer.

That's one of the things my wife and I really bonded over when we first met.

I hear someone's in the slammer, it's like hearing, "Charlie worked a double-shift this weekend."

Literally, the last time I heard this I think my response was: "Okayyy....what's for dinner?"

Edited by Gecko123
  • Like 1

(Rolls Eyes)

I have a feeling that all the ones providing worst possible advice will be nowhere to be found if the situation goes south.

That's the thing with advice....its based on opinion. Rather than strut around like Mr Issan....perhaps put your opinion forward as well as allow others.

Just as well you have never been wrong in life.

And even if they did want some assistance, there is no way that I (a farang) would turn up at the jail or police station with a roll of 1000 baht notes. Think about it. It can only go down hill for everyone from there.

God, that I have not you as a friend. Who has such friends, does not need enemies anymore. blink.png

God, that I have not you as a friend. Who has such friends, does not need enemies anymore. blink.png

One day you will might understand, but not today....One day.

I live here to,

since 1998 and been in TH since 1990, have 4 children with 2 TH women and also never married,

have, so called more than one, fathers-mothers-brothers-sisters in law.

One of sisters in law 16 year young boy, sat in juvenile jail in Khon Kaen for 3 years for -Assault with a firearm- done with 4 others.

I visited him regularly.

No chance for take him out sooner, he sat all time, maybe he was naughty in jail,

but now short later, he is a good worker, container Crane driver in Bangkok.

Still, I make what I find ok in my opinion! Not come me with some "headteacher style." lol

By the way,

Serious, if you like that man =

God, that I have not you as a friend. Who has such friends, does not need enemies anymore.

=One day "YOU" will might understand, but not today....One day.= tongue.png

I live here to,

since 1998 and been in TH since 1990, have 4 children with 2 TH women and also never married,

have, so called more than one, fathers-mothers-brothers-sisters in law.

One of sisters in law 16 year young boy, sat in juvenile jail in Khon Kaen for 3 years for -Assault with a firearm- done with 4 others.

I visited him regularly.

No chance for take him out sooner, he sat all time, maybe he was naughty in jail,

but now short later, he is a good worker, container Crane driver in Bangkok.

Still, I make what I find ok in my opinion! Not come me with some "headteacher style." lol

By the way,

Serious, if you like that man =

God, that I have not you as a friend. Who has such friends, does not need enemies anymore.

=One day "YOU" will might understand, but not today....One day.= tongue.png

Ok whatever..

yawwwwnnnn....

• Like 1