Visa change from Tourist to Non-Immigrant B

So a 7day extension is possible even after an already extended tourist visa?? (I tried calling the immigration bureau a dozen times today and no one picks up the phone).

Same question for the visa exempt... after a one year ED-visa expired in September, then a tourist visa extended until 23rd December, I shouldn't get any troubles for a visa exempt?

That would save a lot of trouble..

Do they need any documents to support this application?

I guess the fee is 1,900BHT right?

Do you think that if my company applies let's say on Monday, i can get the letter before the 30th?

Would you recommend to rather apply for a back to back tourist visa (from Savannakhet or other) that I could finally change to a non-immigrant B at immigration (since I was only missing this ****ing certified certificate of education but i would have time to have it all ready by then)?

You can do the conversion to a non immigrant visa (class B ) with a visa exempt entry. You just need to have 15 days remaining on the entry when you apply, You would get a 30 day entry at a border crossing since you are from France (G7 rule).

And that wouldn't be any problem to get a visa exempt entry after all my stamps (from previously mentioned visas) in the passport?

And do you know what form would be then asked to fill for a change from visa exemption to non-immigrant B? Since the TM86 form is an Application for change of visa and they ask what kind of visa i will change to non-B.. Did anyone already try to write "visa exemption" on TM86 and it worked?

• 4 months later...

Important topic and I have a clarifying questions:

The first requirement states:

1. Recommendation letter from the employer addressed to the Embassy (stating about
the employment and visa application) and be accompanied with the certified copy
of the endorser's ID

Just to be sure, what is exactly meant with "certified copy of the endorser's ID "?

Translation from my Homecountry ID (not passport) to thai language by a CTA and then stamped by my respective embassy?

• 2 months later...

Hello guys,

I would like to convert my Tourist Visa to Non-Immigrant B Visa within Thailand. My tourist visa will expire 14th of September 2015.

I would like to know the complete documents I need to submit to Immigration, please advise.

Thank you very much in advance.

Hello guys,

I would like to convert my Tourist Visa to Non-Immigrant B Visa within Thailand. My tourist visa will expire 14th of September 2015.

I would like to know the complete documents I need to submit to Immigration, please advise.

Do you have a prospective employer ?

Hello guys,

These are the regulations for the "B" Business Visa:

1. The business must be registered in Thailand.

2. The company must be capitalized to at least Baht 2 Million while operating fund must be at least Baht 1 Million.

3. The company must have a ration of at least 4 : 1 - Four Thais for every foreigner.

4. You must earn at least in accordance with the level specified for each nationality by the Labour Department.

Documents required for the extension:

1. Application form (T.M. 7 )

2. Passport or document used in lien of passport and its copies .

3. The applicants 4 x 6 cm. photograph .

4. Extension fee Baht 1,900.-

5. The company letters certifying as follows ;

- Nature of business

- Reason or necessity in employing the applicant his / her position, salary and education background.

- Number of Thai and foreign employees.

6. Copies of work permit or receipt of work permit application.

7. Company's annual balance sheets.

8. The juristic persons Annual Income Tax Declaration Form (Form No.50) of the latest year and its receipt of payment.

9. Thai employees Monthly Income Tax Declaration Form (Form No.1 ) of the latest month and its receipt of payment.

10. The applicants Annual Income Tax Declaration Form (Form No.91) of the latest year and its receipt of payment.

11. The official letter that certify the registration of such juristic person.

12. Business Registration or Business License.

13. Value Added Tax Registration and list of share holders.

14. A map that indicate location of the Company.

15. For those who operate export business, the documentary evidence clarifying its export activities is needed.

16. For those who operate tourism business, the documentary evidence clarifying its total number of tourist that brought in by the company is needed.

Some Immigrations offices.

17. Picture of all the company's employees at work

18. Picture of all company's employees in front of the office with clear name of the company showing

N.B. In case of necessity , documents No.7 , 8 , 9 , and 10 can be substituted by the company letters stating its reason.

Hello guys,

Do you have a prospective employer ?

Yes, I have. A Thai Company. smile.png

Hello guys,

These are the regulations for the "B" Business Visa:

1. The business must be registered in Thailand.

2. The company must be capitalized to at least Baht 2 Million while operating fund must be at least Baht 1 Million.

3. The company must have a ration of at least 4 : 1 - Four Thais for every foreigner.

4. You must earn at least in accordance with the level specified for each nationality by the Labour Department.

Documents required for the extension:

1. Application form (T.M. 7 )

2. Passport or document used in lien of passport and its copies .

3. The applicants 4 x 6 cm. photograph .

4. Extension fee Baht 1,900.-

5. The company letters certifying as follows ;

- Nature of business

- Reason or necessity in employing the applicant his / her position, salary and education background.

- Number of Thai and foreign employees.

6. Copies of work permit or receipt of work permit application.

7. Company's annual balance sheets.

8. The juristic persons Annual Income Tax Declaration Form (Form No.50) of the latest year and its receipt of payment.

9. Thai employees Monthly Income Tax Declaration Form (Form No.1 ) of the latest month and its receipt of payment.

10. The applicants Annual Income Tax Declaration Form (Form No.91) of the latest year and its receipt of payment.

11. The official letter that certify the registration of such juristic person.

12. Business Registration or Business License.

13. Value Added Tax Registration and list of share holders.

14. A map that indicate location of the Company.

15. For those who operate export business, the documentary evidence clarifying its export activities is needed.

16. For those who operate tourism business, the documentary evidence clarifying its total number of tourist that brought in by the company is needed.

Some Immigrations offices.

17. Picture of all the company's employees at work

18. Picture of all company's employees in front of the office with clear name of the company showing

N.B. In case of necessity , documents No.7 , 8 , 9 , and 10 can be substituted by the company letters stating its reason.

Hi Poorsucker,

Thank you for your reply.

I would like to clarify if these are the documents required in converting Tourist visa in to Non-B Visa (90days) within Thailand.. coz as I know these documents above you mentioned are for 1 year extension (for those who has Work Permit already).

Hi Poorsucker,

Thank you for your reply.

I would like to clarify if these are the documents required in converting Tourist visa in to Non-B Visa (90days) within Thailand.. coz as I know these documents above you mentioned are for 1 year extension (for those who has Work Permit already).

For all conversions you must have the same qualifications as for an extension of stay.

• Like 1

For all tconversions you must have the same qualifications as for an extension of stay.

Almost the same but not exactly. There is no seasoning requirement for funds deposited (e.g. retirement or marriage), because seasoning will be verified at the time the subsequent extension is applied, about 90 days later.

Also there are reports that the source of funds is verified to be from outside Thailand, but I'm not so sure about that.

• 2 months later...

*bumping*

I am in a similar situation trying to change my TR visa (15 days remaining) into a Non-immigrant B at immigration. I have a Dutch degree (in English including the curriculum so no translation needed) and they say they want it stamped by the Dutch embassy which supposedly is a service which they don't offer. The 2nd option is to apply abroad for a non-immigrant B however they wont give my company the letter of approval from the labour department while I am still staying in Thailand which is complete nonsense. This 2nd option means I need to stay outside of the country for around 10 days while I wait for the letter and get it mailed to me. Does anyone know a better solution ?

*bumping*

I am in a similar situation trying to change my TR visa (15 days remaining) into a Non-immigrant B at immigration. I have a Dutch degree (in English including the curriculum so no translation needed) and they say they want it stamped by the Dutch embassy which supposedly is a service which they don't offer. The 2nd option is to apply abroad for a non-immigrant B however they wont give my company the letter of approval from the labour department while I am still staying in Thailand which is complete nonsense. This 2nd option means I need to stay outside of the country for around 10 days while I wait for the letter and get it mailed to me. Does anyone know a better solution ?

Ask the Embassy if they will allow you to swear an affidavit confirming the degrees genuineness.