Getting buttermilk in CM

Guest siamjourney

Don't hold me to it, but I believe that real buttermilk is available at The Hideaway in Moo Baan Amon Niwet off of Hang Dong Rd.

If you only need a bit for baking, I concur with BritManToo, except that you'll need to add a tablespoon of lime or lemon juice (or vinegar) to a scant cup of milk., and let it stand for 5 minutes before using.

I haven't seen buttermilk. But if you like it and want to go beyond baking (i.e., drink it), you can make kefir. It is easy and very healthy. Also, since the organisms in the stuff eat the lactose, it is also good for lactose intolerant people. Kefir is not exactly like buttermilk, but close enough and more healthy.

You can find buttermilk and many other really hard to find food items, especially for baking needs, at YOK Inter. Located on Superhwy 11, across from Makro.

I've never seen fresh buttermilk at Yok's. Must be a recent addition. Or is it the powdered variety you're referring to. I did see that there a long time ago.

• 5 months later...

The Hideaway as noted above. I buy a few liters a week, it is so good when served real cold. """Buttermilk is the low-fat portion of milk or cream remaining after it has been churned to make butter. Today, buttermilk is not a byproduct of butter-making, but is made from nonfat or low-fat milk that is “cultured” with lactic acid bacteria.""" This is why you should drink buttermilk every day: http://www.thehealthsite.com/diseases-conditions/top-8-health-benefits-of-chaas-or-buttermilk/ Also, with the heat wave in India, people dying, the Government put out that people should drink a lot of water and BUTTERMILK. Ejoy your cold buttermilk, your body will. :)

The Hideaway as noted above. I buy a few liters a week, it is so good when served real cold. """Buttermilk is the low-fat portion of milk or cream remaining after it has been churned to make butter. Today, buttermilk is not a byproduct of butter-making, but is made from nonfat or low-fat milk that is “cultured” with lactic acid bacteria.""" This is why you should drink buttermilk every day: http://www.thehealthsite.com/diseases-conditions/top-8-health-benefits-of-chaas-or-buttermilk/ Also, with the heat wave in India, people dying, the Government put out that people should drink a lot of water and BUTTERMILK. Ejoy your cold buttermilk, your body will. smile.png

The buttermilk from Dacheeso is buttermilk made from the liquid that's left over after making butter. In the old days people would just let it sour on its own. Dacheeso does add a culture to sour it.