Warning! - Minute Maid Pulpy Orange Juice has no C-vitamins

MRYANG

SHORT VERSION: Minute Maid Pulpy Orange Juice states Real Orange Pulp and Vitamin C on the bottle but fact reveals it's only 3% juice - rest is added with chemicals to resemblance the taste of real juice.

LONG VERSION: From the first moment I drank the Minute Maid Pulpy Orange juice here in Thailand I knew I was stuck. Taste great, accessible and cheap - Between 15-18 Baht and healthy too. Yes?

I'm a very health consicous person. I mostly drink water and fresh juice. I eat fiber bread and avoid meat. I exercise regularly on top level and I'm mostly never ever sick. So having MInute Maid Pulpy in my fridge is as natural for me as having wasabi to sushi. In fact, I usually buy them 10 and 10

So, my friend from Sweden chatted with me the other day and when I said I zipped the Pulpy she said they had a show in Swedish Television about Minute Maid and they mentioned it's not all good in that juice. Without really thinking I continued to zip it, while saying.. "-ahumm....."

So Yesterday I asked my GF what it says on the bottle and if it mentions anything about vitamin C. She says there is nothing that states Vitamin C on the package. Surprised I check internet. Several sites. Many of them. I get furious. And this is the answer.

There is 3% REAL juice in Minute Maid Pulpy. To get the same amount of Vitamin C represented from fresh orange juice it requires 33 bottles of Minute Maid Pulpy! Holy crap!

I'm now guessing that ALL Coca-Cola company products are falsified and includes rubbish. Maybe you already knew, but for the rest of you - now you know too.

I feel juice-raped. Needless to say, I'm from now on completely abandoning ALL Coca-Cola company products.

NOTE: It CLEARLY states on the bottle "With Real Orange Pulp and Vitamin C" - Yes, 3%!!

4749922485_14244c818c_b.jpg

Here goes (someone has to say it): If you're such a health nut, make your own juice. Surely you know not to trust prepackaged products?

I give you that. And mistake taken. I was stupid. This is more FYI to others that MIGHT have made the same reasoning and not equally clever as the rest of you.

The good thing is that I have now excluded all juices from my diet as they seem to impose to no actual health improvement whatsoever over water.

Here goes (someone has to say it): If you're such a health nut, make your own juice. Surely you know not to trust prepackaged products?

I give you that. And mistake taken. I was stupid. This is more FYI to others that MIGHT have made the same reasoning and not equally clever as the rest of you.

The good thing is that I have now excluded all juices from my diet as they seem to impose to no actual health improvement whatsoever over water.

Oh dear

Juices (ie liquid that comes from fruits and nothing else) are GOOD

Drinks (ie any kind of processed ingredients sugars, or chemicals to make it taste nice) are BAD

• Like 1

Gosh

Learn to read labels

"Orange fruit DRINK'' means it's NOT A JUICE.

"WITH real orange juice " means orange juice is NOT the main ingredient.

Agreed. Wasn't clever. And I'm currently studying thai so I'm on my way to do my own research in that field.

But some of you do DO understand that a transparent bottle with the text WATER and with a waterfall covering the entire bottle that has 3% water and 97% acetylene is at least to be considered... dubious, yes?

OR

You buy a new computer with the text "COMPUTER Intel i7, with 8GB Memory" with a picture of a complete Notebook" but inside you find only the cpu and memory dimm - you would feel cheated or not?

Mr Yang sound so full of himself I wonder why he doesn't make his own vitamin c drinks. ..... Hang on, The Muppets weren't real were they?

I don't get the comparion. What is the muppets? Tell us more about it please.

Mr Yang sound so full of himself I wonder why he doesn't make his own vitamin c drinks. ..... Hang on, The Muppets weren't real were they?

Be nice ...

Mr Yang is trying to warn us

That's a nice gesture, you have to grant him this

• Like 1

When you can buy fresh squeezed, cold orange juice from any street vendors in Thailand for 20 baht , why even think about buying a bottle with no C vitamin in it?

Edited by balo
  • Like 1

When you can buy fresh squeezed, cold orange juice from any street vendors in Thailand for 20 baht , why even think about buying a bottle with no C vitamin in it?

Exactly.

Because many add artifical sugar in it.

Because no one close my area.

Because I don't want to go 6 km to get one when I'm in my room.

But outdoors, sure.

Didn't read all replies, but, op, surely you know that any mass produced soft drink is loaded with sheeite? If you're a health nut, you would be squeezing your own, as mentioned, or at least buying from those carts that squeeze actual oranges right in front of you...

I just don't understand that you don't unders'tan.