Honey and mustard glazed ham

billd766

I finished off brining 5 kg of pork into ham last Friday.

I cut into 4 pieces and left 2 as normal boiled ham and bunged them into the freezer and the other 2 pieces I decided to make a honey and mustard glaze and roast them.

I cooked the lot as in Bills cooked ham v03 and did the honey and mustard bit using the other recipe.

When I made the glaze I made twice the amount given in the recipe and when I spread it over the ham iy was a bit thin and runny.

I roasted it in my table top oven and let it cool then bunged it into the fridge.

On Saturday morning I sliced some of the ham and had it in a homemade bread roll.

When it was cooling down I was drooling a bit and when I tasted it the texture and flavour was yummy.

The big drawback was cleaning the grill and oven tray afterwards even though I used aluminium foil.

The really good news for me is that none of my family want to eat any.

post-5614-0-02796700-1417935071_thumb.jp post-5614-0-99709100-1417935081_thumb.jp

post-5614-0-66962000-1417935230_thumb.jp post-5614-0-86269100-1417935241_thumb.jp

post-5614-0-16400300-1417935275_thumb.jp

Bills cooked ham v03.doc

Honey Mustard Glazed Smoked Gammon.doc

• Like 2

i managed to get some grey poupon mustard last week,so i have just plastered a peice of brined pork with some honey mustard mix.its going in the oven for 90minutes then i am going to gouge on it with a plate of chips and crusty bread.

oh and not forgetting the salty butter.

i managed to get some grey poupon mustard last week,so i have just plastered a peice of brined pork with some honey mustard mix.its going in the oven for 90minutes then i am going to gouge on it with a plate of chips and crusty bread.

well i have just had what was left from yesterday in 3 self bake rolls from makro,i put in the fridge overnight and it set like a jelly.

sorry billld its all gone.

Edited by meatboy
  • Like 1

well i have just had what was left from yesterday in 3 self bake rolls from makro,i put in the fridge overnight and it set like a jelly.

sorry billld its all gone.

Not to worry as I won't starve. I have about 2 kg of honey mustard roast gammon in 2 parts, 1 in use and 1 in the freezer and the same of ordinary boiled ham in the freezer.

Now I need to make some pork pies for Xmas.

Happy eating.

• Like 1

I cut into 4 pieces and left 2 as normal boiled ham and bunged them into the freezer and the other 2 pieces I decided to make a honey and mustard glaze and roast them.

I cooked the lot as in Bills cooked ham v03 and did the honey and mustard bit using the other recipe.

When I made the glaze I made twice the amount given in the recipe and when I spread it over the ham iy was a bit thin and runny.

I roasted it in my table top oven and let it cool then bunged it into the fridge.

On Saturday morning I sliced some of the ham and had it in a homemade bread roll.

When it was cooling down I was drooling a bit and when I tasted it the texture and flavour was yummy.

The big drawback was cleaning the grill and oven tray afterwards even though I used aluminium foil.

attachicon.gifDSCF4353 resized.jpg attachicon.gifDSCF4357 resized.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCF4365 resized.jpg attachicon.gifDSCF4367 resized.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCF4370 resized.jpg

attachicon.gifBills cooked ham v03.doc

attachicon.gifHoney Mustard Glazed Smoked Gammon.doc

Any of you guys know where I can get a boneless cured/brined ham here in bkk?

attachicon.gifDSCF4353 resized.jpg attachicon.gifDSCF4357 resized.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCF4365 resized.jpg attachicon.gifDSCF4367 resized.jpg

attachicon.gifDSCF4370 resized.jpg

attachicon.gifBills cooked ham v03.doc

attachicon.gifHoney Mustard Glazed Smoked Gammon.doc

Any of you guys know where I can get a boneless cured/brined ham here in bkk?

Your best bet would be Villa, Foodlandor perhaps at the foodmarkets at the Emporium, Siam Paragon or perhaps Central Chitlom. I am sorry that I cannot help more but I live 400km from Bangkok and normally only visit once a year.

If you want to but a whole hm take a credit card with a high limit and the phone number of your favourite hospital that does shock recovery treatment for heart attacks as when you see the bill you will surely need it.

The pork leg that I ordered weighed in at 6 1/2kg bone in and skin on and that cost 940 baht before I did anything to it. I guess about 150 baht more to turn it into ham so about 225 baht per kg but from that ham I can get many meals so per portion it was perhaps 200 baht/kg or 20 baht per serving.

Shop price will be higher than that plus I get the taste that I want and not what some big manufacturer wants to sell me.

Good luck and good hunting. If you buy any can you please post the price and where you bought it.

Cheers

Bill

• Like 1

That ham looks great Bill , nitrate salt is hard to find for the recipe , i'll have a bash at making some before xmas , meatboy and yourself are always doing something food wise i luv it , keep up the good work..

• Like 1