portable air conditioners; your good or bad experiences

konisaan

i have a small N P V brand ok for a small well sealed room but noisy as the compressor is within the unit ok but not very efficient

better off getting a regular air con not that much more expensive depends very much in the area you are trying to cool

and how well the area is sealed good luck

P S as an after thought if you have a larger area a portable unit would have to be large making it not very portable

Edited by gerry123

i have a small N P V brand ok for a small well sealed room but noisy as the compressor is within the unit ok but not very efficient

better off getting a regular air con not that much more expensive depends very much in the area you are trying to cool

and how well the area is sealed good luck

P S as an after thought if you have a larger area a portable unit would have to be large making it not very portable

When your day 'not efficient' do you mean they use more power?

I've never even tried portable A/C because it just doesn't make sense. Get proper A/C or just use fans will be better than any "portable A/C".

Installing a fixed unit isn't practical for someone doing a lot of short term rentals.

My main concern is are there any of these portable units that are unreliable.

I had one in the US and it was OK as I needed to cool my office in the basement. I think it was 12-14K BTU. It was better than no AC and the vent pipe gets pretty hot heating the air somewhat thru conduction. You also have to have a drain for the water or hope there is a bucket built in. The are portable as in they can roll around, but they are heavy.