Ordering from Aliexpress

Senechal

Has anyone ordered from Aliexpress?

Did you have to pay customs fees above and beyond the price & shipping?

What did those amount to? And was if still a better deal to order there than locally?

Thanks in advance.

I have ordered at least 10 times now. Most expensive about 100 USD. I had to pay Thai Post delivery guy twice I think and the fee was 7 baht. For what I am not sure. All items regular shipping free from the sellers either China Post or Singapore Post and sent to my name and BanChang address. No issues so far. Customs forms on the packages usually show some small amount for the cost of the item inside.

Last year I ordered a Lenovo phone from AliExpress, about US$150, had to pay duty of about B300 when it arrived at my apartment bldg. in Bangkok. An inexpensive tablet, less than $100, that I had ordered earlier was not charged any duty but a more expensive 10" tablet costing about $200 was charged about B350. All delivered by DHL.

if you but anything from anywhere and is under 1000 baht nothing to pay.

with Aliexpress which I use quite often somtimes I have to pay the 7 baht but most times nothing,the thing with Aliexpress is the time it takes to arrive here in Thailand somtimes it can be upto 1 month the best I have had is 2 weeks with China post,the shipping cost is up to the supplier which normally is free.